Stock Market is the bottom in?

I had a woman from OSHA show up at my business one day. I NEEDED to have my stuff assembled and put together to get on a truck later that day so I could get it shipped to the SHOT Show in Las Vegas a few days later. This was an all-important event for us each year. I had allot of loose ends to tie up to make that shipment happen.....and was busy doing so when she showed up. She demanded that I stop whatever I was doing and she wanted me to spend the day with her answering questions.

It didn't take me too long to get down to what she came for.....and that was that they were looking for lead in anyone that was in the shooting sports industry. I told her we had nothing to do with lead other than trace amount that was in our brass.....and most items made from brass. She seemed to freak out about that brass. She did not understand about alloy metals.....even a little bit. We had a big discussion on naval brass vs typical brass that is alloyed with lead.

I then asked her about how many employees I needed to be under these rules of OSHA? She said business' that had over 25 employees were subject to OHSA regulations. I told her to "sit right there....and after I fire one employeee I would come back and throw her ass out of my business.....and that I told you I do not have time for you today.

She did not see the humor in what I told her.....and I said I will have my county sheriff see you out if it comes to that....but I do not have time for you today. She came down to a bit more reason (lol) and asked me to walk her through our builiding.....which is what I said to begin with. I told her you got about 1 hour.....and I am done with you.

After looking around for an hour or so....she wrote up some silly form that said we had too much spray paint on the work benches and not in our steel cabinet assigned for such storage. With that....she got out of our building and I was able to get our stuff ready for the show.

She would have wasted my day and my prime ability for the following year at the absolute worst time she could have showed up. <-------THAT is the problem with government overreach. Some of those folks want you to cow-tow to their idiotic demands. She would not accept any other employee than me to spend a wasted day with her. These things make for bad opinions of the freaking agencies that over-reach their authority. She was clueless about what she was doing....and I resent her and OSHA for this chit.

The end.

Bows, I understand your passion, but those who let the government do their thinking for them are going to lose, and big.

There are too many examples to warrant ever trusting the government with my life, health, or wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting debate. Where would we be as a nation (would we be one?) if we took a soft approach the past hundred or 2 years? Does a strong nation need to be aggressive in order to become dominant, and then fizzle out by bending to irrational expectations? I think the truth is in the middle. Up to all of us to figure out who keeps us more in line with the middle. I think it's glaring, but casualties are inevitable.

c3dd57f8-a2aa-4778-9ac8-046837d2d36d_text.gif
Rip Martin Mull

Last edited:
I had a woman from OSHA show up at my business one day. I NEEDED to have my stuff assembled and put together to get on a truck later that day so I could get it shipped to the SHOT Show in Las Vegas a few days later. This was an all-important event for us each year. I had allot of loose ends to tie up to make that shipment happen.....and was busy doing so when she showed up. She demanded that I stop whatever I was doing and she wanted me to spend the day with her answering questions.

It didn't take me too long to get down to what she came for.....and that was that they were looking for lead in anyone that was in the shooting sports industry. I told her we had nothing to do with lead other than trace amount that was in our brass.....and most items made from brass. She seemed to freak out about that brass. She did not understand about alloy metals.....even a little bit. We had a big discussion on naval brass vs typical brass that is alloyed with lead.

I then asked her about how many employees I needed to be under these rules of OSHA? She said business' that had over 25 employees were subject to OHSA regulations. I told her to "sit right there....and after I fire one employeee I would come back and throw her ass out of my business.....and that I told you I do not have time for you today.

She did not see the humor in what I told her.....and I said I will have my county sheriff see you out if it comes to that....but I do not have time for you today. She came down to a bit more reason (lol) and asked me to walk her through our builiding.....which is what I said to begin with. I told her you got about 1 hour.....and I am done with you.

After looking around for an hour or so....she wrote up some silly form that said we had too much spray paint on the work benches and not in our steel cabinet assigned for such storage. With that....she got out of our building and I was able to get our stuff ready for the show.

She would have wasted my day and my prime ability for the following year at the absolute worst time she could have showed up. <-------THAT is the problem with government overreach. Some of those folks want you to cow-tow to their idiotic demands. She would not accept any other employee than me to spend a wasted day with her. These things make for bad opinions of the freaking agencies that over-reach their authority. She was clueless about what she was doing....and I resent her and OSHA for this chit.

The end.
This has been my experience as well with the people they said out to find or just plain make up problems that are not problems. They don't know their own rules. Talked with one of the higher ups at OSHA and he told me that we never have to create work for OSHA to observe. They can watch whatever it is that we are working on that day. They come to my business about every 3 years and there has not been 1 of them that doesn't try to make up rules that don't exist. They try to be your best friend and then they take their notes back to the office where a team of people try to create citations for my business. I'M NOT A FAN. jmo

The end.
I'd have been P-O'd just like you. I don't blame you. Her lack of professionalism is sad, and her focuses on your paint on the work bench were crazy. Unfortunately, you got what sounds to be a rookie - or one not schooled well in the things that really matter. If she was checking for lead - she ought to at least know what kinds there are (alloys), where to look, and to ask questions to speed up the process. As in any group, there are always some "in the dark" or that don't get it.

I've been around OSHA inspections many times, and they were never that "nut-job." Ours were more concerned about falls, tripping hazards like cords on the floors, or conduits / piping that might "take a guy for a ride" if you stepped on them right. Eye protection was always a big concern, as were hard hats where called for, or steel-toed shoes were needed. Lock-out / tag-out procedures better be tight too. No picky sh##, though.

QC people could be a PITA at times. After doing a superior, neat job of terminating power & control wiring, and neatly bundling / securing all wiring to make a safe professional job / installation - the QC folks sometimes would tear apart everything we did to "inspect" the quality!! Destroy the quality to "inspect" it. Then we had to start all over again to re-do everything. Those QC people were company employees. Often wondered what the management thought about doing things twice. Wasted time & money ..... but it was their own people. Engineering nightmare for those of us in the field.

I let my Morgan Stanley (MS) go today. Just raising a little cash. MS seemed just flat. Now that I’ve sold it, might be a good time to buy. I have that kind of luck.

Also let some EPD go. Raised a little more cash.

I let my Morgan Stanley (MS) go today. Just raising a little cash. MS seemed just flat. Now that I’ve sold it, might be a good time to buy. I have that kind of luck.

Also let some EPD go. Raised a little more cash.

I’m the only person on the planet who can’t make money on nvda so don’t feel that bad

I’m hoping Roaring Kitty buys SiriusXM!
I think he just spent a good chuck on CHEWY. Supposedly owns over 6% of that now too. GME is his cash cow. That's still playing out. TELL got some good news so that's going up again.

IMG_5439.png
Anyone else buy at $2.45-2.60 ??

Nancy Pelosi bought a bunch of NVDA so it's going up. Once again the fix is in.
and $5 mil of Broadcom AVGO. I follow the autotrader account. They have a pay subscription to automatically follow certain politicians trades. I don't pay but I still monitor their free account. If you can't beat them might as well profit some yourself!

She also sold off a bunch of VISA and TESLA stock.

Just my opinion but I don't think dumping Tesla right now is the best plan. I don't have insider information though either.

I would agree on that !
What's the speculation? If the theory is Trump is going to win which seems inevitable, why would the electric car industry see a boost?

The federal inspectors often get marching orders on subjects they know nothing about this is a really common occurrence in my experience. Then they run out and audit on their marching orders that they again know little to nothing about and this sort of exchange occurs leaving anyone in industry dealing with one of these inspectors thinking “these people are idiots” but in reality the poor inspectors have to submit their weekly audit paperwork and it needs to reflect the marching orders they received for that week/month whatever.