Stock Market is the bottom in?

Conservatives in the U.S. Supreme Court made it more difficult to go after monetary fraud by weakening the SEC's enforcement capabilities. BAD NEWS for all investors - good news for money managers of all types. Easier to pull the wool over people's eyes and escape lawsuits by investors. How is this good for anyone but the big banks and investment companies?????? A strong SEC is the best friend for all investors.

Can u name a federal agency that does anything positive for Americans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WELL?......were waiting. lol

The VA? Not all Americans, but they are good for me. I am sure they are terribly inefficient though.

I think the USDA does ok. Could it be better/more efficient? Sure. Has it saved some lives? Yep

Seems like plenty of folks on this forum are fond of NRCS and various programs offered through them as well.

Last edited:
The VA? Not all Americans, but they are good for me. I am sure they are terribly inefficient though.

Was thinking same thing. Mom's hubby has loads of medical issues and they have been very helpful. Also due to distance some of his stuff can be handled by local doctors. Government and inefficient is almost like saying air and breathing

Sounds like the ones changing the rules are self serving to cover their own ass. Usually the case with our crooked government. Doesn't matter which side anymore, they are both so corrupt. That's our tax dollars hard at work. Would sure be nice to not have to take a big bite of the shit sandwich they give us every day. They will either totally enslave all of us or be overthrown violently. I know which one I would prefer. Not going to waste my time watching one more debate in my lifetime. I don't support either side of government anymore. jmo
Anyone who thinks they can live without regulations (laws) that protect our monetary / financial / investment systems, and government agencies like the SEC that was established to protect those systems - is just plain naive. If so many people are so trusting of big money managers that they vote in the very people who want to weaken & get rid of those consumer protections and agencies - don't be surprised when the next financial fraud caper hits us all. Remember the "de-regulation" wave of 2006/2007 that led to the "invention" of bundling mortgages that were then sold as securities??? (which they were not!!) Mortgage failures, banking failures, fraudulent "securities" & loans made with no real collateral??? Guess we don't need cops anymore either, or security cameras, or the FDIC ........ since everyone is so "trustworthy". How many of us are sharp enough ..... or have the time, or drive ..... to watch for & head-off any misdeeds by the big players in the financial world, when it comes to our own money???

We're talking about protecting our life savings here - our retirement money, kids / grandkids' college money, 401-k's, IRA's, mutual funds, etc. The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a hedge fund - and NOT - repeat NOT - in favor of American consumers. If, because of this ruling, we see repeats of the likes of Enron, the mortgage-banking failures/crises (plural), fraudulent stock/securities dealings, etc., and your money disappears like so many others bitten by past "de-regulations" ------- thank those big-business-friendly conservative "justices" on the U.S. "Supreme Court." Bought & paid for.

Sometimes those big government agencies aren't "on our backs" -------- but rather "have our backs."

Before this ruling - the SEC, FDIC, USDA, EPA, OSHA. These agencies were established to protect all Americans from big-money power players/corporations that cheated/de-frauded people, polluted at will, made shady investments, sold tainted/unsafe foods, and had unsafe/dangerous/deadly worksites. Not 100% successes ..... but MUCH better than in the past without them.

Maybe ask the good people of East Palestine Ohio if there's a need for government regulations since the Norfolk Southern rail crash --- due to wheel bearing getting red-hot & causing the crash. No need for a government safety agency to police & enforce safety rules .... right??? 16 states have discovered pollutants that came from that train crash in Ohio - air & water. What's a little toxic pollution among friends ------ right??? Just "trust" those big corporations to do the right thing at all times ---- like inspecting all wheel bearings as they pass using inspected/tested rail-side sensors. If the sensors didn't detect the red-hot wheel bearing ..... why did the sensor fail? How often are those checked? ("......... we don't need no stinkin' regulations .........")

Anyone who's so trusting of big businesses and corporations ...... get rid of the FDIC and the SEC that protect our money & investments. We can all feel good about the "honesty & good will" of the big players ......... right??

What side of the political aisle keeps cutting the budgets of those agencies, and eliminating inspectors??? Eliminating their power to enforce safety laws???? Who does those things????

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks they can live without regulations (laws) that protect our monetary / financial / investment systems, and government agencies like the SEC that was established to protect those systems - is just plain naive. If so many people are so trusting of big money managers that they vote in the very people who want to weaken & get rid of those consumer protections and agencies - don't be surprised when the next financial fraud caper hits us all. Remember the "de-regulation" wave of 2006/2007 that led to the "invention" of bundling mortgages that were then sold as securities??? (which they were not!!) Mortgage failures, banking failures, fraudulent "securities" & loans made with no real collateral??? Guess we don't need cops anymore either, or security cameras, or the FDIC ........ since everyone is so "trustworthy". How many of us are sharp enough ..... or have the time, or drive ..... to watch for & head-off any misdeeds by the big players in the financial world, when it comes to our own money???

We're talking about protecting our life savings here - our retirement money, kids / grandkids' college money, 401-k's, IRA's, mutual funds, etc. The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a hedge fund - and NOT - repeat NOT - in favor of American consumers. If, because of this ruling, we see repeats of the likes of Enron, the mortgage-banking failures/crises (plural), fraudulent stock/securities dealings, etc., and your money disappears like so many others bitten by past "de-regulations" ------- thank those big-business-friendly conservative "justices" on the U.S. "Supreme Court." Bought & paid for.

Sometimes those big government agencies aren't "on our backs" -------- but rather "have our backs."
Have a nice day

Before this ruling - the SEC, FDIC, USDA, EPA, OSHA. These agencies were established to protect all Americans from big-money power players/corporations that cheated/de-frauded people, polluted at will, made shady investments, sold tainted/unsafe foods, and had unsafe/dangerous/deadly worksites. Not 100% successes ..... but MUCH better than in the past without them.

Maybe ask the good people of East Palestine Ohio if there's a need for government regulations since the Norfolk Southern rail crash --- due to wheel bearing getting red-hot & causing the crash. No need for a government safety agency to police & enforce safety rules .... right??? 16 states have discovered pollutants that came from that train crash in Ohio - air & water. What's a little toxic pollution among friends ------ right??? Just "trust" those big corporations to do the right thing at all times ---- like inspecting all wheel bearings as they pass using inspected/tested rail-side sensors. If the sensors didn't detect the red-hot wheel bearing ..... why did the sensor fail? How often are those checked? ("......... we don't need no stinkin' regulations .........")

Anyone who's so trusting of big businesses and corporations ...... get rid of the FDIC and the SEC that protect our money & investments. We can all feel good about the "honesty & good will" of the big players ......... right??

What side of the political aisle keeps cutting the budgets of those agencies, and eliminating inspectors??? Eliminating their power to enforce safety laws???? Who does those things????
Maybe it's just me but you seem more annoying than usual today. Not happy about the "debate"?

These agencies feel good, but they are not there to help. They are there to do the exact opposite of their stated mission. It is not a coincidence the regulators all come from or go to the industries they are regulating.

The EPA told the East Palestinians that the dead fish, their burning eyes, throats, and headaches were nothing to worry about, that all was safe. Go back in there now.

I try my best to avoid anything approved by the FDA, USDA, EPA. Remember, every class action cancer and wrongful death suit advertised on TV begins with a drug, product, or process approved by the government. Odds are you’ve taken or are still taking those products today. Today’s products are tomorrow’s wrongful death and cancer cluster lawsuits. Do you know which ones they are? Would you know where to start?

Wait until we see the fallout from the GLP-1’s and the women who’ve been on SSRIs and aspartame for 30 years.

I think Brownbucks brings up some good points about Governement regulations. Just seems like they always end up "over-reaching" and over regulating to the point that they are counter-productive and add extra levels of cost and frustration for many of us. OSHA is a prime example. So much overreach in that agency adds allot of cost to industry......and the consumer over nothing in many cases. Seems once these agencies are created....they just cannot contain or regulate themselves.

All or a least most alphabet soup agencies are first created with good intentions that however is where the good intentions stop and the bureaucratic nightmare begins.

I sure hope anybody who's opposed to every federal and state governmental agency makes known their opposition via refusal to accept a penny in aid of any sort.

I sure hope anybody who's opposed to every federal and state governmental agency makes known their opposition via refusal to accept a penny in aid of any sort.
Wish that's how it worked!

Wish that's how it worked!
So if a person is opposed to those agencies, but they go ahead and take money/compensation from them, what would you call them?

I'd call them a person who's using the system to his advantage. Anyone here not a member of that club?

Folks trying to claw some of their funds back ripped away by the tax man? Sorry Homer but not buying your argument. I'm sure if you are also against using married and kid deductions on your taxes too. Slippery slope here. And for the record I do get tax breaks on Managed Forest Lands although might not agree with all the laws as such on the books. But you beat me with a big tax stick otherwise, ok will join into the club.

Damn near every farmer is into some program too. Their livelihood probably depends on it and the masses like cheap food or gets ugly if mouths to feed

Last edited:
I'll make them a deal, the day the government stops stealing my money, which they take by threat of imprisonment by the way, I'll refuse any of "their's ".

Last edited: