Stock Market is the bottom in?

I just bought 25 shares of NVDA this morning before it splits. Might as well make money off of it because there's nothing I can do to stop it. Making lemonade

I think in time it will get to a point where we will have to destroy the "robots" or they will destroy us. LITERALLY. If we survive that then we will have learned one more thing that we should never do again. Technology will be the downfall of civilization. jmho
It's an amazing turn of events, isn't it? And what's the driving force behind all the AI automation? .......... greed for more profit. I'm all for companies making money - but it seems every quarter has to be a new record.

Your opinion on humans vs. robots isn't far-fetched. With the knowledge that every facet of business wants to utilize AI to cut payrolls - and is racing to engage AI across the business spectrum - lots of good folks will become unemployed. The bottom-line purpose of AI is to "cut costs" = get rid of employees. How does that trend get reversed quickly, so people don't lose their homes, retirement savings, be able to eat, etc.?? What happens to world markets as millions of people have their jobs eliminated?? Rush to cash out of investments??

Your first sentence above, plus the word "LITERALLY" - is a question / point already being talked about in science circles. Sounds like a sci-fi blockbuster at the movies, doesn't it???

It's an amazing turn of events, isn't it? And what's the driving force behind all the AI automation? .......... greed for more profit. I'm all for companies making money - but it seems every quarter has to be a new record.

Your opinion on humans vs. robots isn't far-fetched. With the knowledge that every facet of business wants to utilize AI to cut payrolls - and is racing to engage AI across the business spectrum - lots of good folks will become unemployed. The bottom-line purpose of AI is to "cut costs" = get rid of employees. How does that trend get reversed quickly, so people don't lose their homes, retirement savings, be able to eat, etc.?? What happens to world markets as millions of people have their jobs eliminated?? Rush to cash out of investments??

Your first sentence above, plus the word "LITERALLY" - is a question / point already being talked about in science circles. Sounds like a sci-fi blockbuster at the movies, doesn't it???
Terminator meets I-robot.

I just bought 25 shares of NVDA this morning before it splits. Might as well make money off of it because there's nothing I can do to stop it. Making lemonade
You know how splits work, right? Your new 250 shares will still be worth your original investment. Future might look good though!! Best wishes for your investment.

You know how splits work, right? Your new 250 shares will still be worth your original investment. Future might look good though!! Best wishes for your investment.
Yes sir. After the price drops to 1/10th of what it is now I believe it will be more affordable to more people and blast off again. Same thing with chipotle at the end of the month. When a $3,200 stock drops to $65 dollars I think people will eat that up. pun intended. I hoping that's how it goes anyway.

Anyone watching the roaring kitty livestream at noon? I dug up the story last night. If he’s not murdered or black listed quickly he could inflict a crippling amount of damage on the short sellers.

He has control of 44% of available shares with his options, and he’s in the money at $20/sh. If he starts exercising and forcing the naked shorts to all buy at once, it could be wild.

9c5979205f92424809d7370cba666b7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone watching the roaring kitty livestream at noon? I dug up the story last night. If he’s not murdered or black listed quickly he could inflict a crippling amount of damage on the short sellers.

He has control of 44% of available shares with his options, and he’s in the money at $20/sh. If he starts exercising and forcing the naked shorts to all buy at once, it could be wild.

9c5979205f92424809d7370cba666b7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's the one who started the meme stock craze a few years ago. He goes by DFV on reddit.

I am looking at taking some money out of the stock market and buying more land, in fact walked the farm yesterday, if AI does hurt the market I will have something I can touch at least. My guess if the change happens slowly over 30 years then humans will adjust slowly and figure it all out but is we see robots driving every rig and building sky scrapers in 5 years then I think the market will crash and society will be in disarray for a long time.

Also I read that after NVDA splits that it would be eligible to enter the dow, which usually causes a rise in price.

Yes sir. After the price drops to 1/10th of what it is now I believe it will be more affordable to more people and blast off again. Same thing with chipotle at the end of the month. When a $3,200 stock drops to $65 dollars I think people will eat that up. pun intended. I hoping that's how it goes anyway.
I’ve been though 2 Apple stock splits and now have a lot more shares, it’s worked out great !

I’ve been though 2 Apple stock splits and now have a lot more shares, it’s worked out great !
The reverse splits are the ones I run from. Always try to check the history of stocks I'm interested in and if they have ever done a reverse I'm not doing it. Tesla has had some success splitting 3 times I believe. Chipotle splitting by 50 should be interesting for sure. Looking forward to that one.

Have seen splits that were 1.1 to 1 and that just boggles my mind as to why it made any sense for that to happen. To this day I still don't know.

You have our youngest son to thank for the Chipotle stock jumps. He gets stuff from the one right near us 3 times a week - and usually brings home extras for another day or 2. Not joking ....... weirdly.

Tellurian(TELL) went up for about a week and a half and peaked at about .85 cents today. I sold a bunch that I had and now I'm waiting for the price to correct and pull back some. Hoping it drops back to around .60 cents but it might not. If it does I'm buying back and hoping to ride it up again. All just guessing on my part but I took a decent profit thinking it may have topped out for a week or two. We'll see.

Tellurian is proving me wrong. I was gun shy after watching it go up 30 cents or more in two weeks thinking it's gotta drop. Didn't catch it at the top and will be watching for a good dip to get back in it. If it drops 15-20% I'll try it again.

I am still on the TELL ride

Tellurian is proving me wrong. I was gun shy after watching it go up 30 cents or more in two weeks thinking it's gotta drop. Didn't catch it at the top and will be watching for a good dip to get back in it. If it drops 15-20% I'll try it again.
I sold about half of mine at .85. Couldn't pass up a 60% increase.

Question for all of you. How do you decide when to get out of something or does it just depend on the stock? I'm only playing with nickels and dimes with this until I figure it out a little better so I'm more tempted just to hold on to stuff and ride it out because worst case I might be out $50. I bought valero and CVI a while back before they went down. I'm trying to decide whether to ride it out and see if they bounce back or bail and buy something else. They've both kind of been stagnant for a while.