Stock Market is the bottom in?

Can we take the political discussion somewhere else? It has completely derailed the stock market conversation.
Same guy that posted about Al Gore & Obama in this thread ? So that not political?
You delete your posts then ?

I thought we finally got it to stop..... Guess not...
I didn’t realize you were in charge . I can post elsewhere if you are offended by political posts !

Al Gore would probably have redirected all that money into phoney "green" businesses, just like Obama did.
Let’s take that elsewhere!

Delete. Don’t want to derail

I'm not sure exactly what this post seeks to accomplish? I'm not offended by much of anything. I'm also not in charge of anything here. I just thought it would be nice to reel this thread back into stock market talk. Political posts end up ruining every thread they end up in. The only way to stop it is to stop it.

Anyway, since Amazon Prime Video is set to increase in price, should I go ahead and offload my 10,000 shares?
How many times have I told you what you can post or not post ? That’s my point, if I did would you be happy about it or pissed ?

I won’t do that! I think it’s up to the owner/moderator to make those decisions!

Anyway, since Amazon Prime Video is set to increase in price, should I go ahead and offload my 10,000 shares?

Is that part of the adding commercials thing? It would certainly have me worried. But it's up 2% today after a bit of a slump, so I'm not really sure what the heck is going on with it.

As an aside, Pfizer is looking more and more like a good bet for my Roth IRA. Currently a 4.5% dividend and at its lowest point in 5 years. Tyson foods is looking similarly attractive.

I'm still thinking banks should produce big gains. Everyone is living on borrowed money. Might have to wait until we have a functioning government but banks should come back strong. jmho

I'm still thinking banks should produce big gains. Everyone is living on borrowed money. Might have to wait until we have a functioning government but banks should come back strong. jmho
It'll be interesting to see how they navigate auto loan delinquencies rising, credit card defaults rising, and commercial real estate being insolvent upon refinancing. I really have no idea how this is gonna turn out. I get the feeling every day that I'm the only person feeling the effects of inflation. It doesn't seem to be slowing anyone else down, so I don't know that anything will bust. Going long banks could be the hero call of 2023.

There's also a hero call to be made on when to get back into long term bonds. I see a fast 50-100% to be made once the fed finishes off the dollar next year in response to the great global cyber attack. Hard to say what will happen. Rates need to stay high to keep the transition from a home ownership society to a renter society going. But they can't force the CBDC without printing tens of trillions more in stimulus to just make it physically impossible to transact in cash. You'll need a wheel barrow.

Just going by the theory that a guy has to get lucky once in a while I'M WAY OVER DUE! Everything is on sale right now the way i'm seeing it. If anyone has any money left I think this is a great time to buy cheap stock. So it will probably keep dipping if I'm sure that it has to go up. Antone else confused about the future of everything because nothing makes sense anymore or am I the only one?

Just going by the theory that a guy has to get lucky once in a while I'M WAY OVER DUE! Everything is on sale right now the way i'm seeing it. If anyone has any money left I think this is a great time to buy cheap stock. So it will probably keep dipping if I'm sure that it has to go up. Antone else confused about the future of everything because nothing makes sense anymore or am I the only one?
I'd say it's entirely possible. I thought for sure they were going down when those banks started folding. Then the fed put the backstop in place to buy back any banks severely underwater bonds at full price. It certainly isn't a free market, so if you get to the bankers rendezvous point before they do, it could pay handsomely.

I have a feeling if I would take my money out of the stock market that everything would start booming again the next day. Feel like I know a little less about the markets with each passing day

Glad we're back on track. yes i pay atention and I think I know where the root of this dust up is.

I get the feeling every day that I'm the only person feeling the effects of inflation. It doesn't seem to be slowing anyone else down, so I don't know that anything will bust.

It seems that way but my oldest has 4 kids and another on the way🤪 He's feeling it!

On a different level, but inflation none the less. I just the received the first of three quotes back on a new house build. Told the guy it's not happening. He wanted to know how high he was compared to others. I haven't gotten any other quote back but with his price and the cost of the lot, the finished cost is higher then the market would bare if I wanted/needed to sell. Like a good salesmen he rebutted, but you're going to live there for years so the market will catch up. Yeah no, going underwater because we emotionally want something isn't in my wheel house.

Logic and common sense are getting damn near impossible to find anymore. Markets are in chaos and people are fearful and in panic mode. Somehow it still seems like everyone is on vacation without a care in the world. Very confusing times

Glad we're back on track. yes i pay atention and I think I know where the root of this dust up is.

It seems that way but my oldest has 4 kids and another on the way🤪 He's feeling it!

On a different level, but inflation none the less. I just the received the first of three quotes back on a new house build. Told the guy it's not happening. He wanted to know how high he was compared to others. I haven't gotten any other quote back but with his price and the cost of the lot, the finished cost is higher then the market would bare if I wanted/needed to sell. Like a good salesmen he rebutted, but you're going to live there for years so the market will catch up. Yeah no, going underwater because we emotionally want something isn't in my wheel house.
I always thought it takes 5 years or more before the resale cost catches up with the build cost. Sometimes you can hit it just right......but most often you need to wait for the resale market to catch up. I've owned 8 homes (built 5 new ones in there) and 4 cabins......and it seemed to work that way each time we bought or built. On one of those we went backwards a bit due to the times (08 debacle) but the other's showed us some gains. Also built three biz buildings and all were positive results for me. These days the numbers are so big.....and interest is again a factor.

We are all done building anything. Maybe a different buy in our future?....dunno.....but we wont go thru building ever again.

I always thought it takes 5 years or more before the resale cost catches up with the build cost. Sometimes you can hit it just right......but most often you need to wait for the resale market to catch up. I've owned 8 homes (built 5 new ones in there) and 4 cabins......and it seemed to work that way each time we bought or built. On one of those we went backwards a bit due to the times (08 debacle) but the other's showed us some gains. Also built three biz buildings and all were positive results for me. These days the numbers are so big.....and interest is again a factor.

We are all done building anything. Maybe a different buy in our future?....dunno.....but we wont go thru building ever again.

You're right it probably does take 5 years to recoup. Real estate has been good to me lately but I've had some duds over the years. Hard part is the lot I have to build on has increased 25% in value over the last 2 years. If I build on it I loose that 25% and I'm still underwater. I don't want to harvest that 25% now because there is still upside potential. If I don't build I'll be kicking myself in 5 years 😡. Unless the world goes to crap.

Strange times we live in. Gotta see what the last 2 quotes come in at.

We built a new home in the late 70's and we were still able to get a 30 year fixed mortgage at 7% at that time......and that was before the banks started playing games with "points" and ARM's and such. My plan was to live there for at most 10 years and to make some money and build again. In those times the interest rates went crazy and we decided to stay put until we could find a nice lot or another nice home to buy. Ended up staying at the same place for nearly 20 years......and we were happy there. Eventually we found another lot and built a really nice home.....and more than doubled our money on the sale of the "old" one in the 90's. Since that time.....interest has been low.....but we have not needed or wanting to have a mortgage ever again.

This one is interesting, because the government has to go to the private sector or foreign central banks to get these ballooning deficits financed. At some point, to pull in an extra trillion every 120 days from a shrinking money supply, the treasury is likely going to have to pony up better prices (higher rates) to get all that trash sold. The yield on the 3-mo has crossed over 5.5% for the first time. If a person sat out the market this year, and just rode along on ultra short term treasuries, you'd be money ahead.

1695851865913.png

The KMI cookie tray is making a round. I was hoping to get some shares at $16.50 before it goes ex-div at the end of October. I sold some put options to get the first bite. Bought some outright a few minutes ago after the big downswing this afternoon. Still holding back some powder in case the floor really falls out.

1696275517436.png

Up on the pole she goes.

1696275676828.png

1696275900268.png

Obama stopped Putin when he tested the waters (after taking Crimea) with economic threats, then Trump stopped him with threats of military action, then biden does absolutely nothing after Putin puts troops on the border. There was a solid blueprint to stop the invasion but biden stood by and let it happen. He chose this action and it's consequences. It's 100% his economy due to it.