Stock Market is the bottom in?

Government is spending our tax dollars so we will be paying more to offset the governments mentally challenged math. I don't think we have any government officials that could balance a check book. jmho

If inflation gets too bad they will just change the definition of inflation to make it appear to be better. They have been changing a lot of definitions to make things look better for the current administration. jmho

The R plan to "balance the budget" - slash Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. How's that for fair?? Huge tax breaks and lots of "loopholes" for billionaires, and we get our Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid slashed. I don't know how filthy rich any of you are - or your offspring are / or will become - but the older common, avg. person better be worth multiple millions to cover health care, taxes, insurances, and the regular daily living expenses we all have. Raising the retirement age sounds safe & fluffy, but it's cutting the amount of money you have a chance to receive. Instead of collecting SS for maybe 15 or 20 years, (starting at age 65) you only get maybe 10 years, (starting at age 70) based on an 80 year life expectancy.

I don't know about all of you, but I paid into those Federal plans off my paychecks all of my career - so yes, I'm entitled to get what I've paid for.

BTW - the largest part of the Federal budget ???? Defense spending - not Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid. Those are tiny percentages of the budget. An IRS article today reported that some $688 billion in taxes has not been paid - and the largest percentage of that tax shortfall is from unpaid business taxes and farm income. Another huge chunk of unpaid taxes is by the really rich folks who have "loopholes" written into the tax code to avoid paying taxes, and many who just didn't file at all. How do we, as Americans, want to see those people pay their taxes like the rest of us?? More enforcement / IRS agents to make the bad guys pay up?? Evidently not. The R's want to slash the funding for the IRS, and have already done so in the past. So you & I pay our taxes, and the multi-millionaires & billionaires (scofflaws all) thumb their noses at the tax laws. Smile boys ........ and keep paying your / our taxes for our defense budgets, roads, bridges, upgrades to our electrical grids, pollution mitigation by businesses and industries, FAT retirement packages for our elected reps ....... while they cut ours that we paid into from our paychecks.

Balance the budget indeed.

The R plan to "balance the budget" - slash Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. How's that for fair?? Huge tax breaks and lots of "loopholes" for billionaires, and we get our Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid slashed. I don't know how filthy rich any of you are - or your offspring are / or will become - but the older common, avg. person better be worth multiple millions to cover health care, taxes, insurances, and the regular daily living expenses we all have. Raising the retirement age sounds safe & fluffy, but it's cutting the amount of money you have a chance to receive. Instead of collecting SS for maybe 15 or 20 years, (starting at age 65) you only get maybe 10 years, (starting at age 70) based on an 80 year life expectancy.

I don't know about all of you, but I paid into those Federal plans off my paychecks all of my career - so yes, I'm entitled to get what I've paid for.

BTW - the largest part of the Federal budget ???? Defense spending - not Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid. Those are tiny percentages of the budget. An IRS article today reported that some $688 billion in taxes has not been paid - and the largest percentage of that tax shortfall is from unpaid business taxes and farm income. Another huge chunk of unpaid taxes is by the really rich folks who have "loopholes" written into the tax code to avoid paying taxes, and many who just didn't file at all. How do we, as Americans, want to see those people pay their taxes like the rest of us?? More enforcement / IRS agents to make the bad guys pay up?? Evidently not. The R's want to slash the funding for the IRS, and have already done so in the past. So you & I pay our taxes, and the multi-millionaires & billionaires (scofflaws all) thumb their noses at the tax laws. Smile boys ........ and keep paying your / our taxes for our defense budgets, roads, bridges, upgrades to our electrical grids, pollution mitigation by businesses and industries, FAT retirement packages for our elected reps ....... while they cut ours that we paid into from our paychecks.

I wouldn't believe everything Biden's people tell you.

Shove old people in wheel chairs off cliffs, Take away SS. LOL. That’s been the Dems only talking point for the last 100 years every time budget cuts come in to play. I can’t believe people still fall for it. Anyways, specifically regarding SS. If you were to privatize it and just invest it all yourself you’d have those many millions. Those that keep relying on the Government for their investment can have the pathetic 1% they give you back on all your hard earned dollars. Take it out of Government and you not only have more of your money, you also don’t have to have these stupid killing old people discussions.

I still have hope for banks to come bouncing back. Yeah, I know, hope in one hand and .....

Shove old people in wheel chairs off cliffs, Take away SS. LOL. That’s been the Dems only talking point for the last 100 years every time budget cuts come in to play. I can’t believe people still fall for it. Anyways, specifically regarding SS. If you were to privatize it and just invest it all yourself you’d have those many millions. Those that keep relying on the Government for their investment can have the pathetic 1% they give you back on all your hard earned dollars. Take it out of Government and you not only have more of your money, you also don’t have to have these stupid killing old people discussions.
I think we would all be better off if you would disregard any kind of goverment assistance from your planning for retirement.....or at least keep it a small part of your plan. Do your own thing.

We can see how well the government manages money. I do my own thing. Brokers can give you a cookie cutter profolio and make you a little over time but no one cares about MY money as much as I do.

As usual, your liberal talking points are wrong. Social security and Healthcare are 53.8% of the budget whereas defense spending is 16.2%. Keep drinkin the koolaide.

1697220875443.png

Buy war stocks the politicians are on both sides of the aisle. Likely any defense contractor or cyber security firms will see a large bump in profits.

Last edited:
I don't know what every one is worried about. I made 8 cents today in the stock market.
You keep that up.....and soon you will have a buck. grin.