Stock Market is the bottom in?

I don't like anything other than energy giants and short term treasuries. And I'm somewhat squeemish on owning treasuries even for 6 months. I feel only slightly better in those than being in a small bank that's going to get fed to JP Morgan for 2 cents on the dollar after the FDIC folds.

I know that's quite pessimistic, but every time I bet against the fed, I've lost my shorts. This time, I'm betting with the fed.
Well the Fed has one advantage........they Make the Rules. Not sure how much longer tho...

Another high for the short term treasuries. These things are now kicking out more income than most dividend stocks without the risk of falling prices and dividend cuts. I grabbed a bunch of these today. Half went into 3-mo's, and half went into 6-mo's. These things go north of 6%, we can probably start cutting casket lumber for the regional banks.

1681755867821.png

1681755925989.png

Big news today.....is that Apple is launching a savings account that pays about 4.5% interest, along with their credit cards, etc....... and will compete with Big Banks. The plot thickens.

Real estate is a strange critter sometimes, some markets are definitely deflating but not all markets. My neighbor 3/4 mile to the north of the new farm put his 725 acres up for sale recently for $4mil he has it under contract for $3.5 that’s $4827 an acre. I bought that new 150 acre farm at auction less than a year ago for $3800 an acre I could turn a tidy profit if I were interested in selling today but that’s not my intention. I also likely benefited from the auction being a nonrefundable 10% down on auction day and closing in 30 days so you either had the full cash value on hand already or had financing lined up pre-auction. Now some of my single family homes have likely lost a bit of value already from a year ago but they’re in a different market and a different property type. I do suspect commercial real estate could see a significant decline and even foreclosures with so many folks working from home the amount of commercial space required has to be on the decline along with the recession we are marching towards as the leases on a lot of those commercial properties go un-renewed or down sized this calendar year there could be a wave of commercial foreclosures, commercial properties are often done on balloons with the much higher interest rates and reduced demand it could spell trouble ahead in that market. Not a market I’d be optimistic about anyway.

Curious. I keep hearing to buy precious metals as the dollar is collapsing.
Gold is worth this many dollars per ounce, silver is worth this many dollars per ounce, right?
The dollar is the universal unit of measure to determine the value.
If the dollar does indeed collapse and becomes worthless, what will be used as the unit of measure to establish the value of anything?
Wasn't everything, and I mean everything, valued in dollars?
Anyone have a thought to share?

Curious. I keep hearing to buy precious metals as the dollar is collapsing.
Gold is worth this many dollars per ounce, silver is worth this many dollars per ounce, right?
The dollar is the universal unit of measure to determine the value.
If the dollar does indeed collapse and becomes worthless, what will be used as the unit of measure to establish the value of anything?
Wasn't everything, and I mean everything, valued in dollars?
Anyone have a thought to share?
The BRICs are already coming up with new ways to put values to trade deals. They're still using currencies, but they're pegging them to all kinds of things like oil, grains, metals, etc. I've been negative on metals for a long time. Silver was 60 cents an ounce when the devil worshippers created the private central bank. It should be $80/oz today if it tracked the intentional theft and implosion of the dollar by the banksters.

Some Venezuelans dodged the collapse of their currency by converting to bitcoin, but I think that may have been a lot of luck because the crypto craze was still on the upswing. Crypto is anything but a currency. Doesn't mean you can't make money, it's just not by any definition a functional currency.

The dollar does not show any sign of collapsing. It's just experiencing inflation like most other currencies.

Metals are useful in times of inflation because they are a store of value. You buy it at the current price, and then sell it after the period inflation at the new price.

If it’s being pushed hard in advertising I avoid it. Gold has had a good run in recent history but if you look at the values from the late 70’s it was pretty flat until the brokers start screaming collapse of the dollar during the banking collapse under Bush and it continued under obamies presidency.

BRICs may be trading other stuff but ultimately those things are tied to the dollar.

Not saying it can’t happen but way to many daily transactions in US dollars all over the world every day to unhinge from it. I’m not loosing sleep over it.

But what the hell do I know….

Real estate is a strange critter sometimes, some markets are definitely deflating but not all markets. My neighbor 3/4 mile to the north of the new farm put his 725 acres up for sale recently for $4mil he has it under contract for $3.5 that’s $4827 an acre. I bought that new 150 acre farm at auction less than a year ago for $3800 an acre I could turn a tidy profit if I were interested in selling today but that’s not my intention. I also likely benefited from the auction being a nonrefundable 10% down on auction day and closing in 30 days so you either had the full cash value on hand already or had financing lined up pre-auction. Now some of my single family homes have likely lost a bit of value already from a year ago but they’re in a different market and a different property type. I do suspect commercial real estate could see a significant decline and even foreclosures with so many folks working from home the amount of commercial space required has to be on the decline along with the recession we are marching towards as the leases on a lot of those commercial properties go un-renewed or down sized this calendar year there could be a wave of commercial foreclosures, commercial properties are often done on balloons with the much higher interest rates and reduced demand it could spell trouble ahead in that market. Not a market I’d be optimistic about anyway.
They had an auction in the county my farm is in on like 330 acres. Went for around $2.2 I heard. Thats insane. Maybe half was row crop if I remember correctly. Apparently a local guy bought it too so not even some corporation needing to park money or something crazy like that. He could have the highest yield crop field in the state and still not make money for a lifetime

The dollar does not show any sign of collapsing. It's just experiencing inflation like most other currencies.

Metals are useful in times of inflation because they are a store of value. You buy it at the current price, and then sell it after the period inflation at the new price.
If it’s being pushed hard in advertising I avoid it. Gold has had a good run in recent history but if you look at the values from the late 70’s it was pretty flat until the brokers start screaming collapse of the dollar during the banking collapse under Bush and it continued under obamies presidency.

BRICs may be trading other stuff but ultimately those things are tied to the dollar.

Not saying it can’t happen but way to many daily transactions in US dollars all over the world every day to unhinge from it. I’m not loosing sleep over it.

But what the hell do I know….
Lot of truth to this but the caveat is the British didn’t believe the dollar would replace the pound either. Ridiculously bad monetary policy can and will lead to the dollar’s demise is it going to happen in the next six months who knows buts it’s clear the Chinese are more than interested in doing to us what we did to Britain. If they build a large enough coalition because we have acted so poorly to so many countries around the globe over the years who knows.

It's almost unthinkable to consider the way folks traded goods and services back in time. All barter and bargain for what goods you got for the goods you wanted. Local banks issued their own currency, etc. While there are a number of other currencies....the US Dollar still remains the measure of value against all others. For how long becomes the question. The talk of electronic dollars and no currency blows my mind. I can only imagine the levels of controls and taxation that cold be placed on that system by our government (as we are not being controlled now?).

Lot of truth to this but the caveat is the British didn’t believe the dollar would replace the pound either. Ridiculously bad monetary policy can and will lead to the dollar’s demise is it going to happen in the next six months who knows buts it’s clear the Chinese are more than interested in doing to us what we did to Britain. If they build a large enough coalition because we have acted so poorly to so many countries around the globe over the years who knows.

I don't think you're looking at this objectively. Almost every country on Earth has worse monetary policy than the US. There is no other contender for the global reserve currency. There is absolutely no other currency that can be used as such in any practical way. The Chinese can be interested in whatever they want, but no one wants yuan, and probably no one ever will. Chinese monetary policy is not only bad, but it's opaque and unpredictable, and that is precisely why no one wants their currency. It's not even freely convertable, so it's not of any use to anyone outside China. And it never will be freely convertable, because every time they try it, it results in massive capital flight. Add to that the fact that China is in demographic and economic decline, and I would be surprised if the yuan even exists in 20 years.

Last edited:
I don't think you're looking at this objectively. Almost every country on Earth has worse monetary policy than the US. There is no contender for global reserve currency. There is absolutely no other currency that can be used in any prectical way. The Chinese can be interested in whatever they want, but no one wants yuan, and probably no one ever will. Chinese monetary policy is not only bad, but it's opaque and unpredictable, and that is precisely why no one wants their currency. It's not even freely convert able, so it's ot of any use to anyone outside China. And it never will be freely convertable, because every time they try it, it results in massive capital flight. Add to that the fact that China is in demographic and economic decline, and I would be surprised if the yuan even exists in 20 years.
Lots of fear mongering happening right now. And probably by design by the very players mentioned above.

I never said it would be the yuan I don’t believe the Chinese currency would replace the dollar directly but a globally accepted gold backed currency that ended the U.S.’s huge advantage could happen but it would require an immense amount of global political clout. I don’t know that the Chinese are quite to that point yet but it may not be long before they are we need strong global alliances and that’s simply not happening with our current leadership he can barely speak most days.

My cheap ass miracle grow garden stakes failed in the wind. So I reinforced them with 1/2 rebar. In Salmon they wanted 17.50 a 20 foot stick and a dollar a cut. I am using 4 footers. So it would be $22.50.

in Leadore they were $12.50 a stick… free cuts. And it’s better rebar ( it has a thicker rib.

Stock market I am thinking Teck resources, and Lamb Westin .

I never said it would be the yuan I don’t believe the Chinese currency would replace the dollar directly but a globally accepted gold backed currency that ended the U.S.’s huge advantage could happen but it would require an immense amount of global political clout. I don’t know that the Chinese are quite to that point yet but it may not be long before they are we need strong global alliances and that’s simply not happening with our current leadership he can barely speak most days.

The Chinese have very little global political clout. They are in decline and will never recover.

The days of global economic alliances are over. The world economy is de-globalizing. The US will have lopsided (in favor of the US) trade agreements with a few key allies, and that's it. The rest of the world will be left to squirm. It's not pie in the sky wishful thinking. It's already happening.

Last edited:
For a limited time only----BBBY stocks for sale! Buy 1 get the whole company for free while supplies last. Too late. Chalk that sum bitch up to a rather expensive lesson learned.

For a limited time only----BBBY stocks for sale! Buy 1 get the whole company for free while supplies last. Too late. Chalk that sum bitch up to a rather expensive lesson learned.

That’s not gonna be the only one. Money supply is shrinking. Debt costs too much. Inflation is chiseling away at what’s left. The E’s will fall and then the P’s will fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Government is trying to force people into electric vehicles. If you are in a carb state manufacturers are required to have 20% of their sales as electric. If not they get fined 41k per car. What is going on? And why does the government want people leasing versus buying? They are offering 7500 leasing tax credit rebate, but only 3750 for retail?