All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

They desperately want this total control over us
"They" nearly got total control now. Big Bro is in nearly everything you do. Going "currency free" will be the end of 'Merica. Govt will be able to ration or otherwise cap your purchases of all types of commodities. You spend too much on electric?....BAM....cut off. Too much Beer?.......BAM........reduced to Bud Lite.

Speaking of big brother, lets say you sell a vehicle, how can you deposit the money in the bank, without the bank filling out forms for large deposits, and being taxed on selling something you already paid tax on when you bought it?

Say I sell a $20,000 vehicle, if I deposit the money in the bank, my bank wants me to fill out a form, if I were audited, will they want that deposit taxed?

Cash is getting stolen every second of the day. You think it's there in your pocket, but it isn't. Every time you go to pull it out to buy something, it falls shorter and shorter and shorter.

It was inevitable that central bank digital currencies were going to become a thing. It is probably going to be packaged as something to help make people's lives a little easier, while allowing for total monitoring (at first) and some control.

We are at a really dangerous point in time where the people making the laws have almost zero understanding of the technology they are regulating.

I think privacy coins like Monero will eventually become the new cash. Bitcoin and many other cryptos were created to move away from centralization. Bitcoin doesn't really help in this case. It just had the advantage of being first.

Speaking of big brother, lets say you sell a vehicle, how can you deposit the money in the bank, without the bank filling out forms for large deposits, and being taxed on selling something you already paid tax on when you bought it?

Say I sell a $20,000 vehicle, if I deposit the money in the bank, my bank wants me to fill out a form, if I were audited, will they want that deposit taxed?
That’s what the form is for so you don’t have to pay any taxes. Unless you made a profit! LOL. I think the form is to prove where you got the money. Large deposits without a reason cause suspicion

You wouldn’t file taxes any longer they would simply bill your account and you would have to prove to them whether it was taxable income or not.

Anyone who thinks the government is benevolent is on some serious drugs. They are benevolent like a great white shark circling a shipwreck that is the US economy.

Cash is getting stolen every second of the day. You think it's there in your pocket, but it isn't. Every time you go to pull it out to buy something, it falls shorter and shorter and shorter.
Very true, but I dont think the stock market is going to hold much longer, I think it will crash sometime this summer.

Very true, but I dont think the stock market is going to hold much longer, I think it will crash sometime this summer.
You'd think at some point something would give. I'm amazed the economy has made it this far with so much anti-stimulus. At the moment, it seems like inflation, high interest rates, a collapse in lending, and sky high credit card debt doesn't affect the economy. There's a neat read that popped up this morning on the tug-a-war between the fed and the government. What's worrying is that the size of government is soaring at a time when the private sector is likely contracting rapidly, but is also being papered over.

Move over construction labor sector. AI and Robots on the move.

I have serious concerns that AI will replace most jobs in the future so most people’s single biggest money making asset themselves will become obsolete at some point. One of the reasons I like real estate as an investment can’t replace it with AI.

Last edited:
EMOR……

higher higher higher

I have serious concerns that AI will replace most jobs in the future so most people’s single biggest money making asset themselves will become obsolete at some point.
I agree.
The "business community" has been telling us that for some years now. They haven't been trying to hide it. Technology has been advancing faster than people can re-train for new skills ----- even IF they have the financial means to PAY for their re-training. "Hands-on" jobs are the focus of being eliminated - even previously-thought "safe" white-collar jobs. Where does this conundrum leave the majority of folks??

I agree.
The "business community" has been telling us that for some years now. They haven't been trying to hide it. Technology has been advancing faster than people can re-train for new skills ----- even IF they have the financial means to PAY for their re-training. "Hands-on" jobs are the focus of being eliminated - even previously-thought "safe" white-collar jobs. Where does this conundrum leave the majority of folks??
We'll find out before 2030. The boys at the WEF are working on it.

A stock I’ve had some success in .. UAN
CVR Partners.

Fertilizer company . They just announced a distribution of around $10 per share (for the quarter). So it could roughly $30 of distributions for the years.

The stock is around $100… so it’s yield will push 30% this year . In my case it should add about 40+ shares to my total .

I agree.
Poor and getting poorer with every passing generation most likely. Buy all the farm ground you can afford and pass it on to the next generation world population growth will require food.

If you guys are looking for a new thrill, buy the puts in the next banks to go. Charles Schwab may be next. I don't have the rest of my list with me.
Did anyone take my advice from Friday? I need to get home and check my wisdom tree etf list for a regional bank etf. Might be easier to buy puts on the whole sector.

1683059512537.png

I didn't do it, but if anyone was holding the May monthly $25 put in ZION today, it was a good day.

1683059615426.png

I bought a bunch of VLO this morning at $113.60, and before I got back from taking a leak it was below $110.

This.

1683075377272.png

Would have been a gusher today.

1683075481612.png

Poor and getting poorer with every passing generation most likely. Buy all the farm ground you can afford and pass it on to the next generation world population growth will require food.

The global population is likely to shrink in the coming decades.

Reactions: cbw
I have serious concerns that AI will replace most jobs in the future so most people’s single biggest money making asset themselves will become obsolete at some point. One of the reasons I like real estate as an investment can’t replace it with AI.
Time to become a robot repairman!