Stock Market is the bottom in?

Fed raise prime rate another 0.25 basis point. Now saying rates hikes are near and end when just 2 months ago said rate hikes till end of 2023. This constant flip flopping on status of rate hikes shows they have no plan. Fear is in the 70's they did the same things ... raised rates, stopped raising them, then raised again ... which lead to uncontrolled inflation and a serious recession.

a0d4e4f11c12dfd1501bf7667756eb3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully expect years of inflation minimum 2-3 more and that’s assuming Trump wins if not then a decade at least of this.

Factor in loss of worlds reserve oil currency status could be a bad couple decades coming our way. Shame we have either fools or straight up saboteurs in the highest positions in government at this low in our countries history.

Last edited:
The 6-mo just wrapped up. I didn't get 5.2%, but 4.8% ain't nothing to sneeze at for sideline money.

View attachment 50955

You talked me into it. I've been watching these for a while. Numbers seem to be lowering but not to the rate they were 2 years ago. In tomorrows auction then one on Thursday. Why not safer then in the bank where it is now earning nothing.

You talked me into it. I've been watching these for a while. Numbers seem to be lowering but not to the rate they were 2 years ago. In tomorrows auction then one on Thursday. Why not safer then in the bank where it is now earning nothing.
I've never been a big fan of banks. The way things are going now, I'm trying to keep as little as possible in an actual bank.

I was waiting for the 4-mo treasuries to post today, and it never did. The 1-mo and 2-mo both did, but no 4-mo.

1680052668063.png

If it doesn't come up tomorrow, I'm gonna split between the 3 and 6 on Thursday.

1680052757677.png

Last edited:
I've never been a big fan of banks. The way things are going now, I'm trying to keep as little as possible in an actual bank.

I was waiting for the 4-mo treasuries to post today, and it never did. The 1-mo and 2-mo both did, but no 4-mo.

View attachment 51172

If it doesn't come up tomorrow, I'm gonna split between the 3 and 6 on Thursday.

View attachment 51173
I put in for a 1 month and a 4 month. figured I can redo the 1 month pretty quickly if things look better in a month.

I put in for a 1 month and a 4 month. figured I can redo the 1 month pretty quickly if things look better in a month.
Practice selling that one month back early with your trading platform. That's what I did and now I'm very comfortable with it. I'm also growing more comfy with the 6-mo treasury. Even if rates double from 5% to 10%, I'd only stand to lose up to 2.5% if I needed to dump it early. Frankly, if the Omega print hits, I'd be guessing it's gonna follow a massive dump in markets and a bursting of bubbles which spurs the fed to roll in with the Omega print, the stimulus so big that it necessitates the CBDC. Then we can sell all of our treasuries back to the fed at a slight profit and use those funds to scoop up wreckage.

At least that's how I think it's gonna go. I've been wrong before.

I bought directly from the fed. What an antiquated web site.
I’ll look into their system of selling back early just so I know how to.

I bought directly from the fed. What an antiquated web site.
I’ll look into their system of selling back early just so I know how to.
Oh, yeah, Treasury Direct is horrible. It's infinitely easier to buy and sell bonds through a normal trading platform like E-Trade or TD.

What platforms do you all use to trade? Pros/Cons.

Thanks

Unfortunately, it happened daily. I worked 2nd shift on the Sheriff's Department back then. Can't tell you how many crashes I went to at 3:15 when their day shift left the plant, just to find the guy leaving work drunk crashing his vehicle. Our County still feels the pain of GM leaving all of these years later, nothing has come to replace that.
That's a shame - for the local area, and the jobs lost. Workers of all stripes need to police themselves. Slacking, screwing-off, drinking / drugs on the job - ALL BAD stuff. We cut our own throats by those behaviors. But even with GOOD work conduct - many industries left the U.S. for poverty-level labor costs. If we American workers are willing to work for $2 per day like other poverty-level countries do - the jobs will come back. So-called "American" companies played all of us - and turned the whole world into a giant labor pool.

the bank where it is now earning nothing.
Been earning nothing in the bank for about 10 - 12 years now. That's not new. I have $0 in any bank. Liquid cash in credit unions - not all the "fees" that banks have, better service and a bit higher interest rates for daily cash needs. Federal / Treasury MM funds, brokered short-term CD's are yielding nice rates. 4.8% to 5.25% can be had for sitting in "park."

Green Giant made a big move!

I saw an Iowa bank paying 5% on CDs…I’m just not a fan of CDs. 17 month term.

My short term interest option is Preferred Cenex Harvest States shares @ 7.4%, but they are not guaranteed! The sell around $25-26 a share and you get paid quarterly .

The 6-mo treasury auction is posted now. I've got all my orders in and I think that completes what I'm gonna put there. The 6-mo is looking good right now 4.9%.

Now we just wait for the play to begin.

gotta wait until the 4th I guess. That's when their issued

ABML tanks due to issue of more stock.

Gub ment just mandates if u want an EV rebate…….the batteries better be made in the USA……….

Teck

Took off

Today