Stock Market is the bottom in?

Someone tell me how Biden’s executive order attempting to force 401K administrators to invest a curtain percentage of everyone’s retirement in green energy junk stocks is good for workers?
It's not good for workers but helps dipshit push his AGENDA. jmo

I wonder which way rates will go tomorrow?

1678806722483.png

Someone tell me how Biden’s executive order attempting to force 401K administrators to invest a curtain percentage of everyone’s retirement in green energy junk stocks is good for workers?

I won't allow that to happen with my funds. My money, my choice.

The bottom line is that most 401k advisers will not accept this as they never want to "choose" a fund for a client. Places too much liability on them.

you can get a month cd right now at 4.4. I'm reading/hearing about buying metals. The only disadvantage to that is I never intend to sell them if I were to buy them. Although a tomahawk missile is supposed to have 30lbs of silver in each missile.

I don't hate the U.S. - I hate unbridled GREED and moves made AGAINST American workers. What do you call the offshoring of American jobs that began when Ronald Reagan made his speech to the whole country?? He said, "We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-based economy. " I watched the speech, so don't try to allege he didn't say it. That's when the race to leave the U.S began.

How is that good for American workers??? Is offshoring America jobs and automation (which eliminates live workers) good for the economy as a WHOLE??? How can people gripe that we need more god-paying jobs here in the U.S. - - - and then cheer for the corporate titans (and the politicians who enable them) who move jobs overseas and automate everything they can??? Are those automated machines going to buy food, finished goods of all sorts, houses, clothing, buy a swimming pool, put on an addition?? So if you're a supporter of offshoring jobs and automation .................. I have to ask ..............

How is THAT pro American???

It's a free-market economy. In my hometown, GM shut down taking 60,000 jobs. My dad was a salaried engineer for them in the 70s. He use to tell my Uncles, that also worked there too, that there won't be a GM plant left in town by 1990, because nobody can afford to pay a workforce to play cards and get drunk half of the day (UAW). He wasn't far off, I think by 1992 they were all gone. You act like company greed against workers is the problem. What about the labor that feel they are entitled to more and more while they do less and less?

Obviously, not all laborers and unions are bad, but some definitely are.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to put words in my mouth.
I didn't put any words in your mouth. I was referring / responding to comments you made. I'm not angry, hate-filled, or any such thing. The things I posted as to past events & spoken words are FACTUAL. They're on tape by the people who made their comments and / or legislative maneuvers. They're part of the U.S historical record. When anyone insinuates that things actually done or said in the past don't matter - or aren't true, as it relates to what's good for OUR U.S. economy / how we got here - I feel I should say what I know to be true. I lived through some of those events, and watched them unfold as they happened.

Do I think Biden - or any other president - gets it 100% right all the time?? NO. Do they ALL make mistakes?? YES. And those mistakes go to BOTH SIDES. Unfortunately these days, many people think everything is a lie, fake, or has a conspiracy lurking behind it. If none of us can trust ANYTHING here in our country ........ we don't even have one anymore.

I have nothing against you, jsasker007 - or anyone else on here. My blood pressure stays nice and low - not worth stroking-out over a forum post, IMO. I wish you a good day .... really.

because nobody can afford to pay a workforce to play cards and get drunk half of the day (UAW).
If that actually happened .......... shame on those UAW leaders at the plants. Gotta police ourselves as workers - union or non-union. I'm NOT for shirking one's duties. WORK for your pay. I sure did - and felt no guilt come payday.

If that actually happened .......... shame on those UAW leaders at the plants. Gotta police ourselves as workers - union or non-union. I'm NOT for shirking one's duties. WORK for your pay. I sure did - and felt no guilt come payday.

Unfortunately, it happened daily. I worked 2nd shift on the Sheriff's Department back then. Can't tell you how many crashes I went to at 3:15 when their day shift left the plant, just to find the guy leaving work drunk crashing his vehicle. Our County still feels the pain of GM leaving all of these years later, nothing has come to replace that.

ABML was down to $1.06………..

Attachments

• A144048D-EC31-47C8-811E-7C9181A0BD65.gif
    A144048D-EC31-47C8-811E-7C9181A0BD65.gif
    69.6 KB · Views: 24
Unfortunately, it happened daily. I worked 2nd shift on the Sheriff's Department back then. Can't tell you how many crashes I went to at 3:15 when their day shift left the plant, just to find the guy leaving work drunk crashing his vehicle. Our County still feels the pain of GM leaving all of these years later, nothing has come to replace that.

My cousin worked 3rd shift at a GM plant. He brought a 1/2 gal of vodka or Brandy in everyday in his backpack into the plant. His buddies brought in other stuff. Booze, drugs, & prostitution, it was all there in the plant. It was the best party nightclub in the area. He was making close to $100k for running a power wrench and as arrogant as you could be, thought mgmt couldn't touch them. That plant closed down.

I remember a study that was done int he late 80s or early 90s at a GM plant in New York that measured work activity and production. It's result were that actual work activity where a person was doing an activity related to their job was only 2.3 hours in an 8 hr shift.

Welcome automation and off shore production!

you can get a month cd right now at 4.4. I'm reading/hearing about buying metals. The only disadvantage to that is I never intend to sell them if I were to buy them. Although a tomahawk missile is supposed to have 30lbs of silver in each missile.
There's a few reasons I like owning individual extremely short term treasuries (the 1-6 month treasuries).

There are no fees buying or selling treasuries on my trading platform.
I can flip them back to cash and be back in the market in seconds.
No early termination fees.
No mutual fund settlement delays.
No mutual fund fees.
**New, they're not in a bank that can suddenly get closed due to a bank run.

It seems that we're entering a meltdown cycle of chaos/rally/chaos/rally based on things going bad and extreme interventions by the little green man. Today seems like a big brown splatter coming at the open.

With this panic the market finally has attention again. I'm definitely paying attention and looking for deals.

I think the lithium play might be sound.

I am also excited about Ruger……..

They own Marlin now

I love Marlins

With this panic the market finally has attention again. I'm definitely paying attention and looking for deals.
I'm glued to my watchlist. I check about every 45 minutes to see where things are at. Energy has taken a real beating this week, and that's taken me down a notch. Still, there are some juicy deals starting to emerge, but this panic hasn't even started yet. I'm waiting for my favorites to drop another 25-50% before I'm gonna back up the truck. PRU and MET are on their way, energy has a long way to go yet. KMI is getting real close, but it'll likely keep going until the indexes quit bleeding.

Instead of things like treasuries.....why not own a company like 3M? 10% PE with a 6% dividend on a powerful company that can survive thru thick and thin. Lots of these deals are available reign now. In any other time this would be a raving bargain.

Maybe they get cheaper still.....but this is not a bad entry point.....unless Biden blows up the economy.....which is plausible. World War 3 seems likely to me. F'n Biden.

Something else to think about is how the banking system will handle all the commercial mortgage back securities that will be failing. I live in a suburban area, and everywhere I look office spaces buildings have for rent signs. Since the fed has an infinite amount of money it will be interesting to see what happens.

Instead of things like treasuries.....why not own a company like 3M? 10% PE with a 6% dividend on a powerful company that can survive thru thick and thin. Lots of these deals are available reign now. In any other time this would be a raving bargain.

Maybe they get cheaper still.....but this is not a bad entry point.....unless Biden blows up the economy.....which is plausible. World War 3 seems likely to me. F'n Biden.
At the rate 3M is going, I wouldn't be shocked to see them cut the dividend this year, and not even exist in 5 years. I love the company, but they are an awful stock. 3M is down an extra 33% from the floor of the rona crash. It should be $400/share if it just latched onto the same bubble driven margin expansion everything else got.

I'm only sitting in treasuries while the carnage plays out, then I'll go out and start sorting through the wreckage for deals. I almost started moving some cash back out today. Five days ago, Prudential was $95/share. It's $80 today, and protection is selling for big $$ in the option pits.

The one thing I'm most worried about is the nuclear stimulus, a stimulus so big that it destroys any notion of ever having physical currency ever again, and the stock market shooting up immensely high in the blink of an eye because of it.

3M has been my worst stock since 2020. I’ve dumped it, then bought in lower … only to see it go lower yet !👎