Stock Market is the bottom in?

I still don't know why anyone would invest in bonds.

Sometimes you have to know when to walk away from the table and preserve your gains. We didn't see much growth last 2 years, but we also didn't see much in losses either.

When your portfolio is large enough and you are approaching retirement, you start to look at risk differently. Wealth building and wealth preservation needs to shift over time.

If your not going to put some money into bonds, and don't have a strong cash reserve, your choices start to become higher risk with not much of fall back position.

Sometimes you have to know when to walk away from the table and preserve your gains. We didn't see much growth last 2 years, but we also didn't see much in losses either.

When your portfolio is large enough and you are approaching retirement, you start to look at risk differently. Wealth building and wealth preservation needs to shift over time.

If your not going to put some money into bonds, and don't have a strong cash reserve, your choices start to become higher risk with not much of fall back position.
I just don't like bonds... When my retirement age comes I'm gonna solo 401k into farmland or SCHD dividend fund.(Maybe 72 / 25 or some ratio) That pays around 3% a year, and never plan on taking that money out till RMD kick in. Whatever the 3% a year off my investments is what I'll live on. That way I'm protected by inflation, but still get a 3% cashflow. Never selling SCHD will also protect me from the emotional aspect.

My best investments have been land—farm land, hunting land & CRP. Nothing even close .. well except for 🍎 stock !

Index bond funds sucked ass last yr. Interest rate sensitive and lotta buying and selling so they do not necessarily hold till maturity. Have to do the homework and buy individual bonds and hold to maturity to make sure get investment back plus any interest payments.

Course I just have to wait and see since only bond fund option in former work retirement plan

Should be a fire sale on banks wonder how many others collapse in the coming months.

Just in case she's about to blow, I updated the crash watch looting list. These are the top names doing the worst on my watch list right now. I like to pay attention to where the stock price is inside it's 52 week trading range as a potential spot to start looking for good buys. Beware, if they're in yellow at 99%, that means they are setting new 52 week lows as we speak. Only the little green man knows how far they'll fall.

Anyway, if the big dirty goes down, this is what's hot on my shopping list. Not the yellow, but the green. Who knows where the yellow stuff is gonna stop?

1678571705176.png

My best investments have been land—farm land, hunting land & CRP. Nothing even close .. well except for 🍎 stock !

Land has been crazy for us last 3 years. Could never see the type of growth and returns in the market we are seeing in land.

I agree

land and care of such land is a better deal than stink street!

First Republic Bank and Charles Schwab have each dropped about 30% in the past few days as these banks began to fail. I wonder if they might go next?

I sense more bailouts coming soon.
The wizards created some $25 billion dollar bailout fund that isn't being taken from tax payers or the FDIC or the federal reserve, which isn't federal, and has no reserves. And they think that's gonna be enough to stop what's coming. It's funny, because the SVB uncovered liabilities are like $152 billion alone, and Signature is $83 billion in total, but no word how much of it is covered by FDIC.

The stock holders will not be compensated though….They are screwed ! Like this Pension fund .4B1F6712-D06B-4EB5-9C8E-6147485ADC6C.png

I’m speculating but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t suspend trading tomorrow at some point.

I’m thinking Tuesday will be worse than tomorrow.

Last I looked futures were up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Republic is getting taken to the shed this morning. The rest of the complex looks to be ok at the moment.

1678709351824.png

What's interesting is how quickly the bond market got hot.

1678709414271.png

Last I looked futures were up.

Not anymore they aren’t.