Stock Market is the bottom in?

Anybody else riding the BBBY wave today? Awesome.

The big guy leading the run has January calls for $60-$80 price on BBBY. They think $100 is very possible and I think it will blow by that. GME all over again.

The next challenge is a good exit strategy without leaving a boat load of money on the table. Good problem to have though.

The next challenge is a good exit strategy without leaving a boat load of money on the table. Good problem to have though.
Sell the Sept 16th $40 call(s) for $7.

My oldest son bought it at $7. He also got lucky when GME went from $2 to over $300. He didn't sell at the "tippy top" but came out pretty good. BBBY looks almost identical with the "shorts" getting caught. Taking money from the wealthy is fun.

So...how do people find out about these GME's and BBBY's? Seems like a high risk / high reward play...?

So...how do people find out about these GME's and BBBY's? Seems like a high risk / high reward play...?
These stocks actually go against what all the experts advise. Companies that were poised to go under but were saved by the massive volume of people following and saved the stock from extinction. It's believing and working as one large group to buy up stocks that are being shorted down to nothing by hedge funds. It's pretty rare to find a stock that is in a position to be squeezed(short squeeze). Hedge funds betting against stocks and driving the stock price down so they can profit from the bets made against said companies. Lots of fake hype by people with a large social media following can create a "pump and dump" where people buy on hype alone and drive the price up and the person that started the popular rumor cashes out after getting the price to jump leaving others holding the bag. WSB is the best place to look for potential short squeeze plays but it's hard to find a credible source(lotta bullshit). Those self proclaimed retards and apes are what ignites these plays. Damn tricky. BBBY is in a position to go up a lot more but nothing is guaranteed. I believe in this one.

They are pumped and then dumped...

They are pumped and then dumped...
Not quite that simple. Some are p&d and some are companies that are basically brought back to life like AMC,GME and now BBBY seems to be the next company that will be saved and given another chance.

GME run is still going on. AMC is a whole different type of company but has invested a lot of money into different things to diversify what they are in general. GME is working to get online up and running and even got into some bitcoin ventures by the sound of it. Ryan Cohen is leading the charge by putting his money where his mouth is. He also started buy buy baby not too long ago. He is gaining thousands of followers and so far he's a good one to follow.

Not quite that simple. Some are p&d and some are companies that are basically brought back to life like AMC,GME and now BBBY seems to be the next company that will be saved and given another chance.
Sure, that happens, but lie all pyramids, folks driving the ship with big money are often the first to jump ship. Those that bought the pump are often the ones that go down with the ship. It's a gamble for the average guy. Not a criticism. As long as folks go in with their eyes wide open, each to his own... 😄

GME was not a pump and dump. It was a solid move based on the numbers. There were more short positions on the stock than there were shares. If you bought shares before the short contracts came due you had a good chance of making money.

GME was not a pump and dump. It was a solid move based on the numbers. There were more short positions on the stock than there were shares. If you bought shares before the short contracts came due you had a good chance of making money.
There is always a great story with the numbers...until their isn't. 😄

Sure, that happens, but lie all pyramids, folks driving the ship with big money are often the first to jump ship. Those that bought the pump are often the ones that go down with the ship. It's a gamble for the average guy. Not a criticism. As long as folks go in with their eyes wide open, each to his own... 😄

It wasn't a pyramid. If you bought before the shorts came due, you had a good chance of making money as the holder of those contracts had to buy shares. Squeezing a naked short is not a pump and dump or a pyramid.

There is always a great story with the numbers...until their isn't. 😄

I'm going to assume this is just one more thing you don't really understand but nevertheless want to insist you are right about.

I'm disengaging with you on this topic for now. If you go read up on it and can demonstrate some knowledge on the subject, I'm happy to talk about it with you at that point.

It wasn't a pyramid. If you bought before the shorts came due, you had a good chance of making money as the holder of those contracts had to buy shares. Squeezing a naked short is not a pump and dump or a pyramid.
My bad for giving a heads up on a potential money maker. Won't happen again. I'll just wait and let you know how much I made when it's done going up. Easy enough. I've never tried to con anyone into doing something I thought would be a bad outcome. Oh well.

They are not mutually exclusive.

My bad for giving a heads up on a potential money maker. Won't happen again. I'll just wait and let you know how much I made when it's done going up. Easy enough. I've never tried to con anyone into doing something I thought would be a bad outcome. Oh well.

Are you sure you quoted the right post? I wasn't responding to what you said.