sprayer issues

john volkman

5 year old buck +
i continually have issues with my sprayers and cant seem to figure out a solution, hopefully someone here can point out what im doing wrong. I have mutlple tanks ive used to spray my fruit trees. i have apple, cherry , pear and some others. My issues seem to occur when using Captan and a few other chemicals. Today i tried several tanks and several guns and hoses and after a little time the gun would clog and my pressure would drop and i couldn't get any pressure or it would jsut stop completely. When i was done i emptied the tank and put water in it with a bit of tank neutralizer and all my guns and hoses worked fine. I swapped out pumps several times but cant seem to figure out how to spray captan and or imidan consistently ? any tips are appreciated!

Are you using a wettable powder? I've never had problems with captan or imidan as wettable (easily dissolved) powders.

Are you using a wettable powder? I've never had problems with captan or imidan as wettable (easily dissolved) powders.
i have used wettable and had the same issues, i am using pre mixed or liquid captan this year.

maybe try screening things before filling tanks,a s sounds to me like there is some contamination in the chemical that is clogging your nozzles up
so, filtering the chemical before it goes into the tank might help cure things for you IMO>
that of adding some extra inline filters before nozzles and then stop clean as needed during spraying!