All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spartan cameras

Melrose

Yearling... With promise
Anyine here having issues with spartan cell cameras?

In the past week have have had 6 go out.. 2 wont turn on, 1 turns on, but wont do anything, 2 that cant find signal, and one with signal but wont send any pics... those are all verzon models.
Has anyone else had issues? How has your experience been with their customer service?

Thanks

I had issues earlier this summer. Sent it in and they replaced it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an issue with one under warranty. They replaced quickly. That one stopped turning on. ATT model. I’m happy with everything

I want one but every time I look at the reviews they are either real good or they are horrible so I’m afraid of throwing my money away.

I want one but every time I look at the reviews they are either real good or they are horrible so I’m afraid of throwing my money away.

Same with almost any cam out there

I was just wondering why so many failures in such a shory time span. Thats why i asked. Waiting to hear back from customer service

I have 3 Reconyx and never have a problem and don’t hear much bad about them not like Spartan reviews

I have 3 Reconyx and never have a problem and don’t hear much bad about them not like Spartan reviews

Reconyx is the exception.

I also have reconyx and nothing but good to say----except for the price tag.

I've got Reconyx also and love them. I was given a Reconyx that would take all black night pics. I emailed them, included a night pic, and they emailed me back within an hour of the fix with a return authorization order to send it in. They kept me informed on the fix and turn around was less that 7 days. Their customer service was stellar and they have a customer for life.

I wished Reconyx would come up with a affordable cell cam. All they have now is one in the 4 digit price range.

I wished Reconyx would come up with a affordable cell cam. All they have now is one in the 4 digit price range.
I’ve been wanting this too. That being said it looks like they’re starting to try and play in a cheaper camera space. Looks like they no longer sell the flagship HC500 and 600 and not just sell a cheaper hyperfire. I just got one of the new cameras but haven’t put it out to yet.

I have never purchased any Reconyx due to the price. How on earth do they command such a price difference? What is the difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have never purchased any Reconyx due to the price. How on earth do they command such a price difference? What is the difference?

The difference is the quality and support. After I bought my first one 6 years ago I added one per year for 4 more years. All 6 of my cameras (got one as a present as well) are operating like new. I had one camera that a battery froze and busted in last year. Ruined all the battery terminals and rendered it useless. I contacted Reconyx and they said, “send it back, no sweat”. They more or less rebuilt the whole 4 year old camera (upgraded the lenses, replaced the battery housing, updated firmware, among other things) for 40 bucks plus shipping. I basically have a new camera after having “destroyed” a 4 year old camera. I don’t envision ever having to replace one of these cameras due to lack of functioning. The picture quality and battery life is also second to none. I usually change the lithium AA batteries once a year after taking 1,000s and pictures. I generally leave my cameras out 365 days a year. After going through “nice” cameras year after year it was a great feeling to finally get a camera I don’t have to worry about replacing. My only regret is that I didn’t start buying them sooner.

Last edited:

The difference is the quality and support. After I bought my first one 6 years ago I added one per year for 4 more years. All 6 of my cameras (got one as a present as well) are operating like new. I had one camera that a battery froze and busted in last year. Ruined all the battery terminals and rendered it useless. I contacted Reconyx and they said, “send it back, no sweat”. They more or less rebuilt the whole 4 year old camera (upgraded the lenses, replaced the battery housing, updated firmware, among other things) fly 40 bucks plus shipping. I basically have a new camera after having “destroyed” a 4 year old camera. I don’t envision ever having to replace one of these cameras due to lack of functioning. The picture quality and battery life is also second to none. I usually change the lithium AA batterys once a year after taking 1,000s and pictures. I generally leave my cameras out 365 days a year. After going through “nice” cameras year after year it was a great feeling to finally get a camera I don’t have to worry about replacing. My only regret is that I didn’t start buying them sooner.

That is a pretty strong vote of confidence.

That is a pretty strong vote of confidence.

It’s funny, last year was the first year I bought a different camera brand since I started with Reconyx. I wanted a cell cam so bought what I thought was the best one out there that was “affordable”; I think it was 450 bucks, so close to the price of the Reconyx. It was a Spypoint Link Solar on Verizon network. It worked awesome for 2 weeks...and then stopped taking night pictures and going through a set of batteries every three weeks. I sent it back after a month and half abd remember thinking, “Well, that’s what you get” as I sent it back.

I have a SPYPOINT Link Dark and mine has worked for 20 days but I hate the quality of the pics over their apps. If I can ever tell the deer is a buck, I am leaving for the stand immediately. You would have to have one that grossed 200 inches to tell it had antlers the quality stinks. I am going to return the camera.

Melrose what did Spartan do for you ?

Update! The replacement cam Spartan sent me this summer is now going back for repairs/replacement. It won’t stop from rebooting itself

Wow sorry to hear that. I’m getting gun shy on these. I think I will keep my money in my pocket