Something I’ve been curious about

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +
How are you legally allowed to high fence a property with the states (peoples) wildlife? Seems to me it is stealing from the people.

I think in KS all wild deer have to be removed and the place restocked with purchased deer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

How are you legally allowed to high fence a property with the states (peoples) wildlife? Seems to me it is stealing from the people.

Depends on the state. In many, a permit is required.

In Ohio they have to run everything out before fencing it.

In Texas, a few is paid per animal for the removal of that animal from the public trust. You still don’t own the animal outright, “the people” still do (unless it is exotic, which is considered livestock). The payment is for removing the access of others. The state can still come on your place and do any testing they desire, and if they decid your entire herd needs to be eliminated, they have every right to do so without compensation.

There are some in-between situations here where small breeder pens can be built to temporarily contain native, local does for breeding with a breeder buck. The does can’t be captured/penned before a certain date, and have to be released by a certain date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t believe me because I’m not 100% sure but in MO In reading on on realtors sites selling high fence farms. It is my understanding you can have a one way gate that lets them in and not leave.

Same state that the fine for killing a 600 inch buck without a license carries a fine of +$10 over the price of a non resident license.

In Indiana I think the law reads that a property has to be void of the "wild" deer before the enclosure is complete. The wild deer are property of the state....captive deer are private property (like livestock).

In Indiana I think the law reads that a property has to be void of the "wild" deer before the enclosure is complete. The wild deer are property of the state....captive deer are private property (like livestock).

isn’t there now laws prohibiting moving deer across state lines cause of disease? Or am I just confusing that with the fact there should be a law against that?

isn’t there now laws prohibiting moving deer across state lines cause of disease? Or am I just confusing that with the fact there should be a law against that?
As I understand it...yes. Live deer have to be tested (not exactly sure of the details) before they are to be transported across state lines. I think this is a very similar process as they use for livestock to minimize the spreading of disease. Now I am not sure if all states require this or how that all takes place as I am not in that business.