Small Property Buck

I think it's the whole insert, but I really didn't investigate that closely.

U r right.

shows how old I am. The inserts I know were tapered.

Plus he probably rubbed it smooth! That's wild. Terrible shot, too. Fantastic bucks in this thread. Congrats all around.

Lots of wow in this one. Those first two bucks are fantastic.

In regards to the broadhead in the antler - Either some jackwagon was taking a completely unethical shot, that buck was a pro level string jumper, or both.

Yeah...read it too fast. I was drawn to the size of the antlers instead of the story about "some guy you know" with the emoji face.
X2!!! I did the same thing.

Congrats Teeder, on your buck and the big thick one that "brother" shot!! Maybe that smaller piece of land was a sanctuary from the surrounding heavy-pressure areas?? The really BIG boys will know where to hide out when the shooting starts.

That one with the mass is incredible. Be tough to top him, I'd think. But you never know. Great season this year!!!!

In regards to the broadhead in the antler - Either some jackwagon was taking a completely unethical shot, that buck was a pro level string jumper, or both.
Probably a combination of those and maybe a deflection. There's no bow hunting on this property, so it would have been one of the surrounding pieces.

X2!!! I did the same thing.

Congrats Teeder, on your buck and the big thick one that "brother" shot!! Maybe that smaller piece of land was a sanctuary from the surrounding heavy-pressure areas?? The really BIG boys will know where to hide out when the shooting starts.

That one with the mass is incredible. Be tough to top him, I'd think. But you never know. Great season this year!!!!

This property was hit hard by the emerald ash borer, so all the ground is covered in thick new growth. Jungle-like.
I guess that would be the silver-lining.

EAB killing ash trees nationwide. TONS of good firewood being made available. Dead trees all around where I live. The new growth you're seeing is a GOOD thing, though. Sunlight on the ground never hurts!

Love the mass on your “brothers” buck…the broadhead in your buck is crazy, sure makes the rack unique. Congrats

Both of them deer in op are huge. Congrats to your "brother" and whoever got the other.

The first deer I ever shot at with my bow ducked and spun at the shot. Arrow hit the base of his antlers. I don't know if the broadhead stuck in his antler but the bottom 6" of my carbon arrow shattered. Deer ran about 50 yards, stopped and shook his head, then went back to chasing his doe.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Strange broadhead. Should not the Ferrell be threaded?

Threaded part is broke off there is a portion of the broadhead that isn’t threaded.

20eda7ea5af3a4bdda3ddf16348e598b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That had to hurt. At least a headache for a bit.