All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SLN new catalog

Thanks. How does Shafer taste?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only tasted a couple, they are pretty tasty, but not as good as a Chestnut crab.

How big are the Violi’s apples and how do they taste?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Size was decent for a crab. I don’t think I tried one though.

I just got the new SLN catalog. I saw NO Winter Wildlife, All-Winter-Hangover, Centennial, Centurion, Violi's, or Trailman crabs in it. I guess Connor Hardiman has given up on raising them?
Yes! I was ontop of things this year and logged into STL on 12/1 to order AWH, WWC....but not any were available...?? As others have mentioned, Conner emailed me saying several varieties were too small due to the drought.
But he recommended a couple others that were late droppers. He recommended Brown Betty and Redstone Canyon Gold and said they hand at least as well as AWH. So I ordered those and also added a couple prairie spy. PS is not as late as BB or RCG but he says PS is also excellent eating apple.

Thats 3 years in a row now that I missed AWH, WWC! UGH!

Not SLN, but I did get the ACN catalog in the mail, complete with their extended size world famous Maturity Chart poster. I'm definitely going to hang it up somewhere.

added a couple prairie spy. PS is not as late as BB or RCG but he says PS is also excellent eating apple.
We have a Prairie Spy from SLN. It's been a good grower and it is a tasty apple!! I think you'll like it.

Not SLN, but I did get the ACN catalog in the mail, complete with their extended size world famous Maturity Chart poster. I'm definitely going to hang it up somewhere.
ACN has GREAT TREES !! I bought a number of our camp trees from ACN. Superior stock there. Their catalog - as Mortenson said - is a treasury of info.