Shooting Blinds on Platforms

mglenn005

5 year old buck +
Anyone have experience placing shooting blinds on platforms. My ultimate goal is to build shooting houses, but at first I was just thinking of putting blinds (already have) on top of the platforms. Rationale: Time and Money. Currently, I have 2 platforms built (5x5) but have not elevated them yet. The blinds will fit onto this platforms without issue. Should I "brush" them in with small cedar trees, even if elevated.

Has anyone done this? How did you brush it in? if so, how did the blinds hold up over a season? sun bleached? In Alabama, our hunting season is 3.5 months, and I would get these out early, so 4.5 month of environments.

mark

I think maybe tooln has done this?

I did it last year, it worked great. But I am going to build a regualr Shack next weekend.

image.png image.png

I love the "look" out of that stand!

image.png Thanks, I do as well. It's about a 30 yard shot to the food plot. I wish I knew how to make it a profile picture. This is a back picture.

How well did it hold up over the course of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How well did it hold up over the course of the season?

It worked excellent. It held up very solid, even in the wind. I had a Buddy heater in it and had it on low, in temps in the teens, I stayed plenty warm.

bump. will be updating later today and posting one of my towers.

I've done it.

IMG_1741_zps4omhnqqd.jpg

IMG_1731_zpsyngayncn.jpg

IMG_3222_zpsvpmhszli.jpg

IMG_2502_zpsjin9u7a0.jpg

We installed our first this past weekend. #2 going up this weekend.

Design: all pressure treated lumber. 5x5' with 3/4" plywood top stained with leftover stain from another project. Used elevator brackets (fantastic and worth it) on 10' 4x4s.

Installed with 2 people and a block and tackle. Couldn't have done it without the pulley system. We will use a tractor on the next one.

Close up picture followed by a distant to show it tucked into the pines. We will put the ladder and blind up closer to hunting season, probably Oct 1.

fabc6f62a761d2d8d6cb92493238ed59.jpg
89fbde2dc6ba2e02e76c0db4d31f72a0.jpg

Front end loader makes these a breeze to install
225c61ba451c2404482d09497e6cdcba.jpg

c0eebfc0b07f0ce769049201fa551f2f.jpg

Looks real good. Do you fasten down the bottom flaps to hold it down? Doesn't look like you used the 4 sidewall rope tiedowns?

No, I'm not anchoring them down. Since I'm just gonna put a blind on them, I don't think the wind could blow them over. The blind would fail in that strong of a wind. When we put a shooting house up (next year), we will anchor

No, I'm not anchoring them down. Since I'm just gonna put a blind on them, I don't think the wind could blow them over. The blind would fail in that strong of a wind. When we put a shooting house up (next year), we will anchor

Do you fasten the blind to the platform?

Do you fasten the blind to the platform?

Yes, will use small screws to secure the blind to the platform.

fe13b1a2505ce5fe1d7a221359f45288.jpg

8f5c9674a21c241b7f3abc5e139fe298.jpg

Now that my blinds are installed, i wish that platform was a little bit bigger so I don't have to crawl in and out of these small triangular blind doors.

Live and learn!

Now that my blinds are installed, i wish that platform was a little bit bigger so I don't have to crawl in and out of these small triangular blind doors.

Live and learn!

Yep. A landing porch not only just makes it easier to get in and out, it makes it a ton safer.