Shed antlers needed for dog training

TimberHawk

A good 3 year old buck
I have a black lab pup that is 14 weeks right now. My son and I will be training her to be a shed dog, but our current shed collection is only 2 antlers that are too sentimental to use (my two son’s first sheds) and a few off of a deadhead that I’m hesitant to use incase it trains her to look for dead animals rather than shed antlers. Does anyone have a few smaller shed antlers they’d be willing to donate the cause or sell on the cheap? They don’t need to be big, and at her current size, smaller might even be better. I’d cover shipping for sure. Thanks for considering!
7808149F-0EB3-4254-98F0-3DB2FB014536.jpeg

We can donate these 3 if you think they'd work. Cute pup.

Screenshot_20221209-173738_Gallery.jpg

I can dig out a few small ones as well, if you need a few more.20221210_043854.jpg

I just wanted to throw this out having a pseudo trained shed dog…

If you don’t have the sheds yourself… you don’t have a good area to train a dog… and if you don’t have a good area to train the dog… you’re just going for walks with your dog.

Not trying to be a smartarse… but everyone wants a dog to find all the sheds they miss but it’s often more along the lines of “they’re not there”.

Books and videos will show you quickly you don’t need many sheds to train- it’s the effort and non planted/tossed shed population you need

They do sell bags of small antlers at large pet stores. People buy 'em as "dog chews".

Edit: I did buy a bag of these once......tried to make a knife handle from a chunk. Many of these are cracked or small sized pieces. Must come from a light fixture company.......or butcher shops? Dunno.