All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed vendors

Rakman

A good 3 year old buck
I’ve not been able to work on food plots for a few years and will be jumping back in this year.

Where are the best places to buy now? Not looking for buck on a bag. Bulk ladino, purple tops, tillage radish, etc.

Thanks and glad to be back at it.

Had good experiences from my feed store, hancock, and seedworld USA depending on who has what

I also like doing custom mixes on GreenCoverSeed’s Smart Mix app. Though, shipping has gotten pretty expensive and I leaned on a local seed supplier instead for this year’s summer plots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Green Cover Seed as well. They have a large selection of seeds and it still amazes me that the smart mix app is free to use. They are also always great to deal with on the phone. I try to order from them when I can afford to so. When I can't, I still use their app to roughly figure my seeding rates when I'm at the co-op seeing what they have for seed.

Welter seed is great. I just stopped at elk mound seed company a few weeks ago. Very impressive company. It was the cleanest most organized seed store I have ever seen.

Annuals might not matter as much. But, the clover keep an eye out for what variety you are getting. I am eyeing picking up peddington patriot white clover. Folks seem to like durana on here from them, but I am putting it in hardiness zone 3A, so they recommend using patriot instead. Oddly enough a 25lb bag is cheapest through amazon for patriot.

Hancock and seedworld has treated me well. Tractor supply has done ok by me too. They have a K31 5lb bag of red and white clover for $22. Not sure exactly whats in it, but it was sold out when I got there over the weekend.

I get most of mine through Merit Seed. Lots of blends, if that’s what you need, as well as single variety bags. Good prices and shipping