Rhino limer

Wind Gypsy

5 year old buck +
Anyone used a rhino limer and have feedback? Or the ground buster or better spreader for that matter?

Well I hope they don’t suck because I’m plannin on picking one up tomorrow.

I like my Gandy.

If they were more local to me, and local to my camp up north. I would just rent the one from the local AG co-op. They have a 5 and 3 ton they fill for you. Pretty cheap, like 50 bucks to rent or so.

That bugger does look pretty slick. Wash it with soap and water when done, and wipe it down with oil.

I like my Gandy.

If they were more local to me, and local to my camp up north. I would just rent the one from the local AG co-op. They have a 5 and 3 ton they fill for you. Pretty cheap, like 50 bucks to rent or so.

That bugger does look pretty slick. Wash it with soap and water when done, and wipe it down with oil.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the co-op's helpfulness when looking to them as an option. There's a pretty good sized co-op 2.5 miles from my place..

I spent a bunch of time trying to find answers and couldn't find any rental's like this. These things are too much $ to justify but since there is seemingly nothing else around I figured I could rent it on craigslist a couple times a year and have it paid for. The manufacturer said they field a bunch of calls from people looking for rentals and would refer folks in MN to to me if I wanted.

Im giving them a serious look

Will run 4500 including shipping

Spreading pellet lime in large quantity is a pain

Good luck on getting ag lime spread on food plots in east texas

If i can find someone to deliver ag lime to my place , i may be all in

bill

Im giving them a serious look

Will run 4500 including shipping

Spreading pellet lime in large quantity is a pain

Good luck on getting ag lime spread on food plots in east texas

If i can find someone to deliver ag lime to my place , i may be all in

bill
Ouch, that hurts on shipping. The prices Zimmerman quoted me on shipping a ground buster from PA to central MN were quite a bit cheaper (I think $200?) and you're almost into 5000 deluxe model cost with shipping included if that model interests you at all.

Last edited:
Ouch, that hurts on shipping. The prices Zimmerman quoted me on shipping a ground buster from PA to central MN were quite a bit cheaper (I think $200?) and you're almost into 5000 deluxe model cost with shipping included if that model interests you at all.

How is the Rhino Limer working for you?

Can you " back up" in your tractor/ATV without disengaging the ground drive?

bill

How is the Rhino Limer working for you?

Can you " back up" in your tractor/ATV without disengaging the ground drive?

bill

Just finished spreading lime today. It’s working pretty well.

My lime was pretty wet and with that it required the gates to be fully open to get consistent spreading. It lays it on pretty heavy though so I don’t know how a guy would do if they wanted less than a ton/acre. I wouldn’t doubt if it is more adjustable with dry lime.

You can back up without disengagement, but it spins the beaters the opposite direction which also pushes lime out.

Just finished spreading lime today. It’s working pretty well.

My lime was pretty wet and with that it required the gates to be fully open to get consistent spreading. It lays it on pretty heavy though so I don’t know how a guy would do if they wanted less than a ton/acre. I wouldn’t doubt if it is more adjustable with dry lime.

You can back up without disengagement, but it spins the beaters the opposite direction which also pushes lime out.

Which answers my question

The turn radius on most ATVS would make difficult on long narrow plots/trails

bill

Which answers my question

The turn radius on most ATVS would make difficult on long narrow plots/trails

bill

Yeah, you could stop at end of a run and close the gate, spin around, reopen gate, and go back but that would be a PITA. I just accepted that there are a number of spots that got hit heavier than desired.

Found a John Deere 12 foot drop seeder on craig list

would this work for ag lime?

bill

bill

I know EZ Flow made a bunch of rebranded drop spreaders for JD and others. I've seen them with a variety of beater options and imagine some work better than others. If that is what it is, it would probably work. I likely would have gone that route if they came in narrower widths (like the one Foggy cut down).

This thread shows some different revs with input from our own @Foggy47 https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/lime-spreader-for-food-plots.71609/page-5

Last edited:

bill
I know EZ Flow made a bunch of rebranded drop spreaders for JD and others. I've seen them with a variety of beater options and imagine some work better than others.

This thread shows some different revs with input from our own @Foggy47 https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/lime-spreader-for-food-plots.71609/page-5
I can remember these EZ Flow made for JD, International, Oliver, Dearborn, and a few others....which were being discussed back then. Some had lock-out hubs for high speed travel. Many were used to spread small grains and fertilizers. Sizes range from 8' wide to 14' wide (I think that is the widest?). Many of these are rusted away by now. tho I still see on advertised every now and again. Just saw one on FB Marketplace....in Tennessee (IIRC?). Good value if you can snag one.

I know EZ Flow made a bunch of rebranded drop spreaders for JD and others. I've seen them with a variety of beater options and imagine some work better than others. If that is what it is, it would probably work. I likely would have gone that route if they came in narrower widths (like the one Foggy cut down).

helpful thread

I also noticed D gallow on there looking at the same spreader!

bill

bill
would depend on the design, can you post any pictures of the inside of the hopper!

to anyone in PA< and or willing to ship, this guy gets a ton of drop spreaders and cultipackers, and many other things food plot friendly items,
and prices tend to be fair to good, considering what some, folks mark them up at!
he runs adds on craiglist and other places,
here is one of his drop spreaders but has lot of things in his inventory section, HE goes to all the farm and land auction in area and picks things up, cleans them fixes them and sells them! so he gets a lot of them in all yr long

^ looks like a good source for this stuff to me.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the co-op's helpfulness when looking to them as an option. There's a pretty good sized co-op 2.5 miles from my place..

I spent a bunch of time trying to find answers and couldn't find any rental's like this. These things are too much $ to justify but since there is seemingly nothing else around I figured I could rent it on craigslist a couple times a year and have it paid for. The manufacturer said they field a bunch of calls from people looking for rentals and would refer folks in MN to to me if I wanted.
^ Check his prices.....I'm gonna be $10 cheaper.....grin. A lime spreader is likely not a good means of making any money.....there are few options for us guys in the Northwoods. I wish I had a closer source for lime (near Brainerd MN) anyone have ideas? An end dump trailer is allot of lime at one time for me these days. My last load was 23 tons. Sure made a difference in growing things tho......

^ Check his prices.....I'm gonna be $10 cheaper.....grin. A lime spreader is likely not a good means of making any money.....there are few options for us guys in the Northwoods. I wish I had a closer source for lime (near Brainerd MN) anyone have ideas? An end dump trailer is allot of lime at one time for me these days. My last load was 23 tons. Sure made a difference in growing things tho......
you can look into a ANTS dump trailer, not cheap, but I gather it could be used to spread lime and the trailer can have a lot of yr round uses?

you can look into a ANTS dump trailer, not cheap, but I gather it could be used to spread lime and the trailer can have a lot of yr round uses?

Riiiight. LOL You better have allot of other uses. They do make some rolling floor matts for pickup trucks too.....and I can see that working.....If you have lots of energy and kids with shovels.

At one point I had considered making a "clam lid" for a tractor bucket too....and use it to "sprinkle:" lime using the loader. Just open the lid...to scoop a bucket full.....close the lid and use a beater powered by a hydraulic motor to agitate the lime through the openings in the bucket lid. I could see this idea being perhaps useful for the rental market....as a QA bucket would attach to most tractors. Good think I am retired.....as that idea could make a little....or lose allot.... of money. LOL