3pt come spreader for ag lime

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I broke my pull behind spreader last year, well it corroded apart from lack of cleaning it. But I was going to buy a 3 pt cone spreader, and I was wondering if it will work for ag lime rather than buying pellatized lime? I watched a couple videos, looks like you can, but need no wind, and looks really messy.

Anyone here use one for it?

Everything I have ever read....was that it's a no-go. I don't think is will slide down the walls in a cone spreader. Kinda like running dirt through a cone.....not gonna happen.

Yep, tried it. Had to have someone stand on the three pt with a stick beating it down because it just cavitates. Not exactly the safest approach.

Scroll down to the white painted ones, the 1200c is the one I looked at online.

These spreaders are unique a couple ways. They have a Cat2 hitch model. Thats the only spreader I’m aware of that are Cat2. They also list a lime agitator kit and a sand/salt agitator kit. I have not seen one in person and can’t vouch that they work.

Herd makes a salt and wet sand version a model 750S. The agitator definitely looks different than typical. Pricey!

Herd makes a salt and wet sand version a model 750S. The agitator definitely looks different than typical. Pricey!
Very pricey. I can’t find a competitor or a used one that isn’t rough looking AND over priced!