Redroot Pigweed?

Rit

5 year old buck +
92E72338-7E68-41A9-BA60-E68D96B53B1A.jpegA6A65F54-3F64-454C-9923-5392DB3FFEFE.jpeg9F5BD7DF-40B6-4C3E-AD39-432A569C5848.jpeg1D628FB0-8541-42DB-86CD-EAC98FFC8BA1.jpeg24986332-9E80-4A4F-ABDB-1BAD9F146DA0.jpeg

Is this Redroot Pigweed or perhaps another form of pigweed? It’s popping up in my switch and field edges and looks loaded with seeds. It is in a lot of fields around me that didn’t get planted in the Spring. It’s not terribly deep rooted. There isn’t so much that I couldn’t pull it up or cut it off and get it out of the field before it drops seeds.

Homerj’s got it.

Reactions: Rit
Looks like Curly Dock to me
Yep for sure that looks like it. Thanks. Glad
It’s not pigweed. I must have been looking at some mislabeled photos. Some of them sure looked close. There isn’t so much that I can’t spot spray with some 2-4db. Thanks again.

Dock can be a stubborn weed as well....not as bad as pigweed, but still a tough customer.

Dock can be a stubborn weed as well....not as bad as pigweed, but still a tough customer.
Clopyralid3 does a decent job on it. Its grass safe, too. It also allowed me to get my canada thistle almost wiped out.

Clopyralid3 does a decent job on it. Its grass safe, too. It also allowed me to get my canada thistle almost wiped out.
I'll have to see if I can track some down...

I'll have to see if I can track some down...
Keystone pest.
I got a small bottle (might be a quart??) several years ago and I just use it for spot spraying. It goes a long way. Going on 4 years now and I still have 2/3 of the bottle left.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keystone pest.
I got a small bottle (might be a quart??) several years ago and I just use it for spot spraying. It goes a long way. Going on 4 years now and I still have 2/3 of the bottle left.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Looks like about $65 a quart. Not that it would matter much for spot spraying but I did read that it could injure new grass seedlings. I’d risk a few switch seedlings to get rid of my troubles though.