All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redroot Pigweed?

Rit

5 year old buck +
92E72338-7E68-41A9-BA60-E68D96B53B1A.jpegA6A65F54-3F64-454C-9923-5392DB3FFEFE.jpeg9F5BD7DF-40B6-4C3E-AD39-432A569C5848.jpeg1D628FB0-8541-42DB-86CD-EAC98FFC8BA1.jpeg24986332-9E80-4A4F-ABDB-1BAD9F146DA0.jpeg

Is this Redroot Pigweed or perhaps another form of pigweed? It’s popping up in my switch and field edges and looks loaded with seeds. It is in a lot of fields around me that didn’t get planted in the Spring. It’s not terribly deep rooted. There isn’t so much that I couldn’t pull it up or cut it off and get it out of the field before it drops seeds.

Homerj’s got it.

Reactions: Rit
Looks like Curly Dock to me
Yep for sure that looks like it. Thanks. Glad
It’s not pigweed. I must have been looking at some mislabeled photos. Some of them sure looked close. There isn’t so much that I can’t spot spray with some 2-4db. Thanks again.

Dock can be a stubborn weed as well....not as bad as pigweed, but still a tough customer.

Dock can be a stubborn weed as well....not as bad as pigweed, but still a tough customer.
Clopyralid3 does a decent job on it. Its grass safe, too. It also allowed me to get my canada thistle almost wiped out.

Clopyralid3 does a decent job on it. Its grass safe, too. It also allowed me to get my canada thistle almost wiped out.
I'll have to see if I can track some down...

I'll have to see if I can track some down...
Keystone pest.
I got a small bottle (might be a quart??) several years ago and I just use it for spot spraying. It goes a long way. Going on 4 years now and I still have 2/3 of the bottle left.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keystone pest.
I got a small bottle (might be a quart??) several years ago and I just use it for spot spraying. It goes a long way. Going on 4 years now and I still have 2/3 of the bottle left.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Looks like about $65 a quart. Not that it would matter much for spot spraying but I did read that it could injure new grass seedlings. I’d risk a few switch seedlings to get rid of my troubles though.