Re-purposing old farm stuff

biglakeba$$

5 year old buck +
My Dad found this saw blade on our farm several years ago I guess. I wasnt aware he even had it until a few months ago.
This would have been something my grandpa or great grandpa would have used back in the day.
Its 32" in diameter.
Dad brought it down to me a couple months ago and asked me to put it on Craigslist. The moment I saw it I knew what I was going to do with it. And it wasnt to sell it......

I wanted to get the farmstead painted on the blade and give it to Dad for Fathers Day.
A friend of mine has a sandblaster, so I had him clean it up. He also sprayed it with an epoxy primer.

After searching for a local artist without much luck, I stumbled on a painter near Zimmerman, MN. He is a retired and does a lot of small art painting nowdays.
I sent him pictures of the old farmstead and here is what he did for me. I brought him the saw blade last Wednesday, and on Friday I got a call from him that he was done. Hows that for service??

I'm sure he'll like it. Good job.

Great idea, it looks great, your dad will love it.

Looks great and awesome idea!

Cool, I'll bet you he'll like it.

Very cool.

Very nice BLB! What a great gift.

We had one made for my father/mother in law that was put on an old ice saw.

Nice picture. I had a fella give me an old saw blade like that a couple months before he lost his battle with cancer. I took it to my grandpa who was about 90 at the time and he painted a nice picture on it and its hanging up at the hunting shack. I will try to get a picture of it sometime.

I am supposed to pay him back every year with smoked tullibees. I am gonna try Leech on Monday and Tuesday.