Rain

T-Max

5 year old buck +
Some people talk about all the storms missing their place. And then God looks at our farm and says, “F U!”
691f2255e5cd69b3a444a5ee2633dfa9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah you got the ol donut hole treatment? You guys pretty dry out there?

Tornado warning SE of Junction City

Tornado warning SE of Junction City

A good 10 miles away. Radar indicated. Looked like weak rotation and probably not on the ground.

Ah you got the ol donut hole treatment? You guys pretty dry out there?

Not in terrible shape, but we need a pond filler before this summer.

I'm worried about NEMO. Working ground in February is never good. Not much in the way of rain.

We could use a decent rain. This storm has done the same as last summer. Rain to the west and rain to the east, we set in the gap. No one wants severe weather, but rain is a requirement.

We are forecasted to get 1/2” tonight into tomorrow. I’d be surprised if we vet a tenth. Only ground that has any moisture in it are on the North and East facing slopes.

I’m still behind on pond levels none of them are full except the couple that have many many acre of runoff dumping into them.

Regional differences are crazy. We are saturated here. Been difficult to do any post season equipment work because everything is saturated. We got a four day rain break and the water is still draining over my spillway. Rain coming back tonight. Ours will shut down here in a month when we need it.

Regional differences are crazy. We are saturated here. Been difficult to do any post season equipment work because everything is saturated. We got a four day rain break and the water is still draining over my spillway. Rain coming back tonight. Ours will shut down here in a month when we need it.
Same here. Rain tomorrow and Sunday again. We have had over 6" in the last two weeks.

That is crazy! We had a dry last summer, and fall, very little snow, or moisture all winter, and no rain or snow to speak of since the beginning of the year. I live in the big Forrest area, wild fires would be dangerous in my area. Unless we get moisture soon, it’s going to be an interesting spring until things green up, if they do.

Last edited:
I'm worried about NEMO. Working ground in February is never good. Not much in the way of rain.

It's wet here. My fields are soggy, ponds are full and the dry in the summer creek is flowing.

IMG_3564.jpeg

We only got about a 1/4 in here, but plenty of wind. Tornado hit right right behind the house, took out 9 power poles and somehow must have lifted and went over our house! Very, very lucky. Got several inches of rain at the farm, but also hail damage to the house there. Just got power back on a few minutes ago so last night wasn't that fun :)

We only got about a 1/4 in here, but plenty of wind. Tornado hit right right behind the house, took out 9 power poles and somehow must have lifted and went over our house! Very, very lucky. Got several inches of rain at the farm, but also hail damage to the house there. Just got power back on a few minutes ago so last night wasn't that fun :)
Sucks that it seems that's what it takes to get some rain, but at least you got it. Glad to hear you dodged the worst of it. 😊

They even know enough to split the warnings now!
d8ede7eac420d66a950dad4a59342866.jpg

I am sick of the rain. I have several food plots I used to spring plant in the bottoms. Havent been able to do that in six or seven years. Can barely walk down there now in the spring without knee high rubber boots. Crazy how the rain patterns here have changed. Have had 18” in last three months - and raining now. Rain does not evaporate very fast in late winter and spring. Three more days of rain this week

Last edited:
We are forecast to get rain today and tomorrow. Things aren't terribly dry but we could use it nonetheless.

We're right on the line of severe / moderate drought according to last week's drought map. Forecasted to get over a little over an inch of rain today into tomorrow.

I am sick of the rain. I have several food plots I used to spring plant in the bottoms. Havent been able to do that in six or seven years. Can barely walk down there now in the spring without knee high rubber boots. Crazy how the rain patterns here have changed. Have had 18” in last three months - and raining now. Rain does not evaporate very fast in late winter and spring. Three more days of rain this week
More than happy to take some off your hands if you want to send it up. Thanks!! LOL