Rain

10 day outlook IMG_4279.png

I should have been a meteorologist. It's the only job you can be wrong 90% of the time and still make an ass ton of money!

I should have been a meteorologist. It's the only job you can be wrong 90% of the time and still make an ass ton of money!
Or politics

I watered one orchard last weekend that orchard is pretty easy I have water hydrant close to it. Yesterday we filled the water buffalo and watered all the fruit trees on the other farm and about 150 or so oaks since we still had water left in the tank after we finished the fruit trees. We also took off the tubes and cleaned up and pruned about 20 of the fruit trees. I’ll get the rest pruned latter this fall or winter.

We’ve gotten 5 inches last three days from hurricane. Only rain in last two month. Of course too early to plant fall crops!

Now back to dry and hot!

IMG_5114.png

I love to get 5” of rain send it my way.

6 week drought finally over got rain last night and rain in forecast Sunday and Monday

We dodged a bullet tonight. We had a front rolling in and it had a crazy amount of lightning. One was the type where the lightning and thunder are simultaneous. I called dad to see if it hit his house and as I usually do I looked out the back window toward his place. He said they were good, but it was loud! As we chatted I noticed an orange glow beginning just South of his place. Then the winds came in with 70 mph gusts and it got brighter and I could see billowing smoke. Shortly after we could smell smoke in the house so I loaded up the family and dogs and we just left. My folks called 911 and rural fire started to head out. We got to a higher point and could see the fire about 1/4 mile SW of dad’s house headed straight East. I am about 1/4 mile SE of his house. He is right on the county line and the neighbor is rural fire and keeps a truck at his house. He was already on it. Well thank the lord the weather man was right and the sky opened up and dumped right at .20” which seemed to knock it way back. More trucks showed up and it looks really good right now. One truck mopping up I think. They got another call that it sparked another one East of here and several trucks headed that way. Hopefully we get the rest of the rain we are forecasted this weekend. We sure need it for things other than plots right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know many people are about to experience life changing events with this storm, and hate to say I am thankful for the rain we are getting. It started here yesterday around 12, and so far we have a little over 2 inches that I am very thankful for. That said, with another 4-6 on the way plus the winds, I am afraid it is going to be bad for a while. My place in Indian Rocks should be fine, but I can't imagine what others are about to go through.

For any of you in the path, we are thinking of you!

I dare say the goddess of rain Helene has lifted our parched terrain high above the despair of drought.