Raccoons traps

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
Has anyone made a barrel trap or some kind of trap that will catch more than 1 at a tiem?

I set multiple dogproofs in the same area. I typically catch 4-6 over a week before it dries up for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Like catsscratch said, just gang set. I like to put a couple 220s on the trails, a few dog proofs spaced out and couple footholds or livetraps for good measure.

I had 19 under the feeder,was thinking if I could make a barrel trap like the mouse bucket trap.Too bad in Kansas they are a fur bearer so we can't kill out of season

Funny you should ask. At the dump near my cabin in Ontario, the raccoons live in the garbage containers until the trash piles high enough for them to crawl out. So yes, it's possible. But it would probably have to be bigger than a barrel, and you need the sides to be absolutely impenetrable to raccoon claws.

Dog proof traps. Their dumb enough you can set a bunch in one spot. They watch their buddy get caught but just can’t help reaching for a hot dog. (Or what ever you bait them with.)

Bunch of dogproofs with little marshmallows for bait.
I put in line springs on chains with mine so the big ones don’t pull stakes out, they have a pretty good low gear four wheel drive.

Dogproofs attached to earth anchors driven in the ground. I attach the earth anchors to the trap with d links. When done trapping your feeder unscrew the d links and leave the earth anchors in the ground for the next time you need to thin out the coons.

Problem is I would have to move since it's not furbearer season

Problem is I would have to move since it's not furbearer season

That will be challenging. Might be better to wait for the season and then persecute mercilessly.

If you can get that many together at once in that tight….a good block of tannerite with a collection of sardines on top sure sounds like a fun night!