Pulled the trigger on the new tractor...

Dukslayr

5 year old buck +
I wanted to post a quick update on here for those if you that have provided lots of feedback to my countless questions about tractors over the last couple of months. I pulled the trigger on a Massey 4707 (70/57 HP) cab tractor with 4wd and some other goodies (air ride seat, extra rear weight, etc). I am having the 3rd function installed along with heavy CAT2 3 pt quick attach and hydraulic top link. I’m super excited to get the tractor prepped and ready to go.

Funny thing is I wasn’t even considering Massey until I got in the cab of one and was really impressed. I then started comparing specs and prices and from there it was a pretty easy decision. I was down to Kubota 7060HDC and a Case IH (Farmall) 75A and then ended up with the Massey.

For those of you who gave great input on my “what to do with my correct tractor” thread, I think we came to a great solution on that as well. They are going to take my current tractor and clean it up and service it and then put it on their lot and sell for me without taking a commission...more or less free advertising for me and helps me not have to drive back and forth to my farm showing the tractor. Not a bad deal for me at all since I’ll still get to sell it for whatever I want and don’t have to pay them commission on it.

Thanks again for all input and suggestions along the way. Really feel good about the deal I swung on the tractor. I was able to leverage a couple of good deals against each other to ensure I got everything I needed and a little more. The added bonus of the dealer only being 15 miles from my farm doesn’t hurt either...same dealership that’s been servicing my Kubota for the last 6 years. They’ve been great to work with and I’m glad to be spending my money with them.

Congrats on the tractor purchase!

Sounds nice! I'm going to upgrade sometime this year and I'm looking pretty hard at a Massey too.
Keep us updated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sounds nice! I'm going to upgrade sometime this year and I'm looking pretty hard at a Massey too.
Keep us updated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Will do. Hopefully I can get it out and get it dirty soon. I considered JD 5075E as well but it was the first tractor I eliminated.

Will do. Hopefully I can get it out and get it dirty soon. I considered JD 5075E as well but it was the first tractor I eliminated.

Why did you eliminate the jd 5075E first?

Why did you eliminate the jd 5075E first?
Didn’t like the operators station or the way the loader reacted/operated/felt versus the other tractors. The other major factor was that it was the dealer that I had the least confidence in when I visited. I was very optimistic on the 5075E when I started the process, but after my visits in person I knew I couldn’t go that direction. The dealer was probably the main issue.

Didn’t like the operators station or the way the loader reacted/operated/felt versus the other tractors. The other major factor was that it was the dealer that I had the least confidence in when I visited. I was very optimistic on the 5075E when I started the process, but after my visits in person I knew I couldn’t go that direction. The dealer was probably the main issue.
I also tried a JD but it was a 5055-60 E around 55 to 60hp. I had a hard time getting into the seat. The loader control pedestal pushed my knee towards the center of the tractor. It looked like a great tractor, but was the worst one for comfort. Your MF will be a good tractor.

As with ATVs, you are buying "the dealer" with the tractor

bill

As with ATVs, you are buying "the dealer" with the tractor

bill
For me it’s probabky even more important than an ATV. I can load my ATV up and drive it 75 miles home and to a different dealer (which I actually do)...I’m not trailering the tractor back home. Agree though, cars, trucks, boats, ATVs, tractors...a good dealer is important.

Congratulations! These are great reference threads for people shopping for tractors. I hope to be there in a year or two.

Just got an update from the dealership...tractor is in the shop getting 3rd function, cat 2 quick attach and hydraulic tip link installed. I’m hoping it gets delivered sometime next week! Excited to get it out and run it around.
1290c38d520a4279212a8aed034c4824.jpg
ef582b9b33490d7a9f4ce20ceabc417e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

Nice!!! ...I am envious Duk. You sure did your homework, nice to see it pay off.

Nice!!! ...I am envious Duk. You sure did your homework, nice to see it pay off.
Thank you...a lot of good advice was shared on here that certainly helped. Thank you for all that answered my countless questions.

Yee-owzah!!!! That's a nice rig!

Not knowing anything about Massey-F I was like good for you:emoji_thumbsup: you got a tractor - THEN I saw the pics............. Duk, You Got A Tractor :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:!! Wow nice ride there! I am beyond envious!

Not knowing anything about Massey-F I was like good for you:emoji_thumbsup: you got a tractor - THEN I saw the pics............. Duk, You Got A Tractor:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:!! Wow nice ride there! I am beyond envious!
Thank you. I’m excited to get it out and get it dirty. Hoping to have my orientation and take delivery of it sometime this week. I also didn’t know much about MF before I started this process and, quite frankly, was about to pull the trigger on a different brand when I got to see am MF...after a little more research it was obvious it was the best choice for me.