Portable firewood rack

Gator

5 year old buck +
Not sure my question was seen very much on the other firewood thread looking for ideas for this but this is what I ended up making. Idea found on youtube. Just three pallets with two crossbraces across the top. Surprisingly sturdy once the wood is in there.

IMG_5289.JPG

That's pretty darn slick!!! Now if I just had a FEL on my tractor at home...

Nice. What's your estimate of how much wood that rig will hold? I store about 6 cords of firewood in my garage each fall and winter and have been thinking about doing something similar so I can store it outside and simply bring in a pallet when I need one.

Nice. What's your estimate of how much wood that rig will hold? I store about 6 cords of firewood in my garage each fall and winter and have been thinking about doing something similar so I can store it outside and simply bring in a pallet when I need one.

Those are small pallets so the internal dimensions are 42w x 36h and I get two rows deep of wood so maybe 1/4 to 1/3.

The pallets are free so I can make as many as I need. Just a few nails and the gas to go get them is all I have in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are small pallets so the internal dimensions are 42w x 36h and I get two rows deep of wood so maybe 1/4 to 1/3.

The pallets are free so I can make as many as I need. Just a few nails and the gas to go get them is all I have in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gator. Might have to think about something like this.