Pops got 'er done in MN (72 years young)

Congrats to him. 72 does not seem that old anymore.

My uncle killed two deer while in his '90's.

Congrats to your Pop and to you. What a beauty! I agree w/ Stu & Jordan - enjoy the time you have with him in the field. Soak it in. Memories I have with my Pop hunting & fishing bring a smile to my face anytime.......... and usually get me laughing !!! Head mountin' him???

Congrats to him. 72 does not seem that old anymore.

My uncle killed two deer while in his '90's.
I agree my dad is 70 and he's in better shape than most people I know. A number isn't going to stop him from hunting that's for sure.

You will get another before you turn 90 Art. I have confidence!
I hope I live to 90, if in as good as shape as he was. He loved to hunt.

Rifle season was and still is a Holiday for our family.

Thanks all, I don't think he had this buck on his trail cameras. He has a bad wing which didn't hamper him much in life but did affect his vertical bow shooting as he got older. It took us a couple years to convince him to go to the crossbow. He just found out yesterday that his younger brother has 2 to 4 months left on this earth so we are all grateful for his health so far and hoping it continues. Hopefully have some more good news when we get back from Kansas, heading down this weekend.

Thanks all, I don't think he had this buck on his trail cameras. He has a bad wing which didn't hamper him much in life but did affect his vertical bow shooting as he got older. It took us a couple years to convince him to go to the crossbow. He just found out yesterday that his younger brother has 2 to 4 months left on this earth so we are all grateful for his health so far and hoping it continues. Hopefully have some more good news when we get back from Kansas, heading down this weekend.

Lost my pop 35 years ago at age 53. I cherish everyday I get to hunt. Even as mean as my old man was, wish he was still around to enjoy a good hunt! Very happy for you and your dad McLovin!

Way to go to your dad. That is awesome he still gets out there. Keep him into it as long as you can. It will keep him young.

My gramps gave up(retired) from hunting at 82. He turned to me after he shot his first ever called in gobbler(I called it in and will cherish the memory forever) and said "I'm going to "be like Mike""(Jordan) and go out on top of his game. Unfortunately he didn't come out of "retirement" like Micheal Jordan but he is still an onry, quick witted, pitch playing, great man, now at the age of 92 and is always wanting to know how my hunts have gone.

Keep him involved and you both will stay young.

Congrats to your Dad! I hope I'm still able to get out there and hunt at 72. Like sanbur said 72 doesn't seem so old anymore.

Congrats to your dad on his buck! I lost my dad when I was 18 and he was 45. Some of the more memorable times I had with him were (fantastic) Pheasant Hunts, a few duck hunts, and a few deer hunts and fishing trips. He was pretty busy and too involved in his business life.....so those hunts were pretty much our best time together. Time can get cut short......do what you can together!