Poached Missouri Buck!

M

MoBuckChaser

My buddy's land is surround by roads on 3 sides by Eagleville Missouri. About 9 o'clock friday night he heard a shot close by, but did not see anything when he got up to look. Monday at noon walking back from a deer stand he found one of his biggest bucks dead about 50 yards off the road in a thicket. Yotes got to him as you can see as well. He is just pissed, but at least he found the rack, if that means anything!

poached.jpg

Oh no. That is $h1tty.

I hate hearing about bucks going out like that....it's one thing for disease or old age to take one but a coward in a truck, that is pathetic

That is a crying shame. My neighbor 3/4 mile away found a big body on the side of the road a few days ago with the head cut off. I could see the buzzards circling from my place but just assumed it was a legal deer harvest until he gave me the story. And, I noticed where in the next county over someone had stolen a head that a guy had legally harvested and had already taken home. There is not end to the madness these days.

Wow.... what a critter... what a shame...

Does he need a salvage permit to posses that rack?

Does he need a salvage permit to posses that rack?

Its Missouri! Brothers and sisters marry. I don't think so....

That totally sucks! I bet he is pissed, because either way, most likely the CO won't let him keep the rack, it's evidence you know.:rolleyes:

What the heck is wrong with people! My nephew just shot a nice ten point in a Ohio WMA a couple weeks ago with a bow. He wasn't positive about the hit so he elected to give it an hour before getting down and start tracking. He then got down and it took him another 20 -25 minutes to track it down to a steaming gut pile! He raced back to his truck and a guy said two guys had just raced off with the buck.

Its Missouri! Brothers and sisters marry. I don't think so....
Actually he does. MO is more concerned about the deer heard than "Home Grown" children.

That's a shame I hate road poachers!

Actually he does. MO is more concerned about the deer heard than "Home Grown" children.

That's a shame I hate road poachers!

I know he does, he doesn't care though, who is going to check? Or why would they? They don't even control the poaching. Was making a little jokey!

I hate poachers, they should be denutted.

I picked up my deer at the butcher yesterday and they had them piled outside from opening day. I checked the skinning room and it was full of real nice bucks. I made a comment about how good they looked and if all the ones outside were the same. She got a pissed off look on her face and said even with security cameras they have to keep all the big bucks inside because scum bags try to steal them.

that is terrible! What is wrong with people?

poacher.jpg
This is what they should do with poachers!

And let "shakey" take a few shots!

Attachments

• poacher.jpg
    poacher.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: