Poached Missouri Buck!

M

MoBuckChaser

My buddy's land is surround by roads on 3 sides by Eagleville Missouri. About 9 o'clock friday night he heard a shot close by, but did not see anything when he got up to look. Monday at noon walking back from a deer stand he found one of his biggest bucks dead about 50 yards off the road in a thicket. Yotes got to him as you can see as well. He is just pissed, but at least he found the rack, if that means anything!

poached.jpg

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Oh no. That is $h1tty.

N

non-pro-archer

I hate hearing about bucks going out like that....it's one thing for disease or old age to take one but a coward in a truck, that is pathetic

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
That is a crying shame. My neighbor 3/4 mile away found a big body on the side of the road a few days ago with the head cut off. I could see the buzzards circling from my place but just assumed it was a legal deer harvest until he gave me the story. And, I noticed where in the next county over someone had stolen a head that a guy had legally harvested and had already taken home. There is not end to the madness these days.

biglakeba$$

5 year old buck +
Wow.... what a critter... what a shame...

MA VT Flatlander

5 year old buck +
Does he need a salvage permit to posses that rack?

M

MoBuckChaser

Does he need a salvage permit to posses that rack?

Its Missouri! Brothers and sisters marry. I don't think so....

wiscwhip

5 year old buck +
That totally sucks! I bet he is pissed, because either way, most likely the CO won't let him keep the rack, it's evidence you know.:rolleyes:

Maya

5 year old buck +
What the heck is wrong with people! My nephew just shot a nice ten point in a Ohio WMA a couple weeks ago with a bow. He wasn't positive about the hit so he elected to give it an hour before getting down and start tracking. He then got down and it took him another 20 -25 minutes to track it down to a steaming gut pile! He raced back to his truck and a guy said two guys had just raced off with the buck.

Bill

Administrator
Its Missouri! Brothers and sisters marry. I don't think so....
Actually he does. MO is more concerned about the deer heard than "Home Grown" children.

That's a shame I hate road poachers!

M

MoBuckChaser

Actually he does. MO is more concerned about the deer heard than "Home Grown" children.

That's a shame I hate road poachers!

I know he does, he doesn't care though, who is going to check? Or why would they? They don't even control the poaching. Was making a little jokey!

tooln

5 year old buck +
I hate poachers, they should be denutted.

chummer

5 year old buck +
I picked up my deer at the butcher yesterday and they had them piled outside from opening day. I checked the skinning room and it was full of real nice bucks. I made a comment about how good they looked and if all the ones outside were the same. She got a pissed off look on her face and said even with security cameras they have to keep all the big bucks inside because scum bags try to steal them.

phil@thesidehill

5 year old buck +
that is terrible! What is wrong with people?

j-bird

poacher.jpg
This is what they should do with poachers!

And let "shakey" take a few shots!

Attachments

• poacher.jpg
    poacher.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: