Over drilling beans every few weeks

^. Interesting observations and conditioning "tests". Fun. I been live-trapping chipmunks too. Just started the other day....and got 5 so far this year. Two traps can keep me busy most days. Last year I got a late start (Sept) and caught 25+. They will overrun my place here at the lake if I let 'em. Getting an earlier start prevents over-breeding issues....thus reducing Roe V Wade decisions by the chippies. Grin.

I have a dunk tank (plastic tub) set up around the corner at the back of my house. After a minute in there.....I take them down to the lake and put them on the end of my dock. Eagles come by each day and either eat them on the dock or carry them off to their nest(s). Had some cool pics and video last year. The eagles get conditioned to do fly-by's now. They seem to like the chippies.

^. Interesting observations and conditioning "tests". Fun. I been live-trapping chipmunks too. Just started the other day....and got 5 so far this year. Two traps can keep me busy most days. Last year I got a late start (Sept) and caught 25+. They will overrun my place here at the lake if I let 'em. Getting an earlier start prevents over-breeding issues....thus reducing Roe V Wade decisions by the chippies. Grin.

I have a dunk tank (plastic tub) set up around the corner at the back of my house. After a minute in there.....I take them down to the lake and put them on the end of my dock. Eagles come by each day and either eat them on the dock or carry them off to their nest(s). Had some cool pics and video last year. The eagles get conditioned to do fly-by's now. They seem to like the chippies.

You need a barn cat 😉

You need a barn cat 😉
Hell no!.....I ain't sharing my fun with no cat. ;). ......and I am not responsible enough for any pets. (we travel to OZ in the winter.....does not work for us).

You need a barn cat 😉
I have several stray cats here, but never see then in day time, there only about at night, good for mice control I think, but useless for chipmunks and squirrels

I also have a ton of raccoons , skunks, red foxes and owls at night here, that I also think help me with mice patrol
I must have someone near me however that doesn't like the Raccoons, as the past month or so, I have seen 3 different one's missing a left front foot/leg, or just odd seeing 3, in a row loose a same side leg/foot!

I have several stray cats here, but never see then in day time, there only about at night, good for mice control I think, but useless for chipmunks and squirrels

I also have a ton of raccoons , skunks, red foxes and owls at night here, that I also think help me with mice patrol
I must have someone near me however that doesn't like the Raccoons, as the past month or so, I have seen 3 different one's missing a left front foot/leg, or just odd seeing 3, in a row loose a same side leg/foot!
Did'ya ever consider that with one foot/leg missing.....it could be the same one.....and he is forced to run in circles? 😃

Sounds awesome on the eagles.

What kind of live traps do you like best for the chipmunks and do you have bait suggestions?

Thanks.

Sounds awesome on the eagles.

What kind of live traps do you like best for the chipmunks and do you have bait suggestions?

Thanks.
I have two Havaheart traps ....with doors at either end. I used to use a little peanut butter on the trigger board......but I have not used any bait for over a year now. Catch just as many with nothing. Just place the trap near a wall where they run. They seem to like going through the trap.

I have had very good luck with making food plots of a mix of both soybeans and corn, and I don't get fancy( or I don't think so) planting them either, simply disc the ground to get it good and loose, broadcast seeds of both onto plot, disc one more time, add fertilizer as called for, cultipack, and set up e fence, you'd be amazed how thick things get of both corn and beans
IMO< the deer really love this planting for me, as it offers a ton of security to things, being thicker, and food of both in one spot

I have even upped my game on this, buy doing 1-1/2 -2 acre plots this way, ONLY, I leave a section in the middle about 50+50 yards I DON"T plant with corn and beans, but add some turnips and or chicory or clover, or a mix,
set up a blind inside this , and its like having a private plot unseen from outside of the plot, as only way to know its there is from the Air, not the ground, unless one walked into center of it!like an island inside a corn/bean plot!
I found in early season deer flock to the center for the tender greens once the E fence comes down, its been one of my best set up to date
as the deer seem to get into these things earlier in the day due to the thickness of cover all around ,adding I gather a extra layer of comfort to them, knowing they can step out any time they want
any how, food for thought if your doing E fence!
This seems fun. How do you get into the blind without spooking anything in the tall stuff?

This seems fun. How do you get into the blind without spooking anything in the tall stuff?
I simply make a path in and out in the direction where I expect the least amount of deer to be in or about!
if you make the path in a zig zag way, it also seems to prevent many things from using it, like deer and such, which seem to prefer a more straight path into things, or that's my experience, , plus it also seems to help with sneaking in, as your always sort of out of view till your super close to blind

if you start to make the path while things are just starting to grow, you can use round up or the likes to make the path, and things will grow around it! too!, comer fall I will use a leave blower to blow the path clear of things that make noise if you step on them, making for a pretty stealthy approach to things!