Opening Day 8 Pointer

ToddG

5 year old buck +
I had a great afternoon. I had two button bucks and 7 turkeys feeding in the food plot. The two button bucks started blowing and running around the food plot. They kept blowing and looking into the thick pines. This 8 pointer walked out.

Attachments

• 20191116_170257.jpg
    20191116_170257.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20191116_170430 (1).jpg
    20191116_170430 (1).jpg
    437 KB · Views: 88
Congratulations!

I love a big mature 8!!!! Grats

Wow that's a keeper.

Sure has some intense beading on the bottom parts of his rack. Awesome!

This forum is the reason I was able to harvest this buck. I only have 33 acres and when I first purchased the property, you were lucky to see a deer track. I started reading this forum and followed advice given and planted 2 acres of food plots and a lot of fruit trees. I live in an area with no ag but heavy dog hunting. The way my property is situated, the dogs seldom enter it. I now see see deer on every hunt. I can't thank you guys enough for your time and support for helping fellow hunters. I hope as I learn more, I'll be able to do the same.

Congrats on the deer and your habitat work.

Great deer and reward for the habitat work!! We all learn things on here.

congrats on a nice buck. I like the forum too for the simple fact we talk about and discuss straight up proven practices and techniques that work and we don’t feed each other some garbage that’s in a big buck magazine that is elementary and probably pointless to read it.

Never stop learning and improving. That’s what this forum has taught me. The insight provided is invaluable to all, newbies and seasoned vets a like. Hopefully this is the first buck in a string of successful seasons for you.

Great looking 8 ... congrats!

congrats on your deer and habitat developments and passion leading you to it.