Ohio Farm Tours

Do you list your mix components on your website? I didn’t look too long, but if they are there, they didn’t pop out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I had to do was read a few more posts down. Disregard.

Do you list your mix components on your website? I didn’t look too long, but if they are there, they didn’t pop out to me.

Oh yes of course! Im sorry they seemed hard to find, maybe I need to rearrange website. Web design isn’t my strong suit lol.

See this page - under description.

Or I just copied for you to see below-
What’s in Nitro-Boost-

• Spring Barley• Forage Peas• Soybeans
• Eagle Beans• Cow Peas• Sunn Hemp
• Buckwheat• LabLab• American Joint Vetch
• Sunflowers• Hybrid Sorghum• Crimson Clover
• Forage Rape

I did a brief video explaining nutrient cycling - whether my seed mixes or your own, keep this in mind!

This book continues to drive my desire to learn. The complexity of dietary decisions made by ruminant animals is fascinating!!

Let animals highlight soil fertility and the species they desire - not the other way around.

Diversity is king!
F9F49022-CCE5-4FFC-91B1-61EBD60901BB.jpeg

When it comes to whitetails - I am obsessed with their management.

Taking the time to send in teeth for cementum annuli constantly teaches me more about the specific deer I’ve harvested.

Using this data along side weight data, hunting observations, etc. can tell us a lot about the herd in that specific area we are hunting.

By far not the largest deer in the woods, but confirming my split second judgment was on point with his maturity, sure is a cherry on top.
5A52B88D-1C9E-49E0-82D1-45F8F4D9B4EE.jpegDE77F62D-438A-44B8-A011-3F4706BF512D.jpeg91FEC6F4-4F6A-42EC-BB05-23E8292709E1.jpeg

Dr. A was far ahead of his time. This isn’t an easy read but we’ll worth it if you are interested in soil and ruminant animals (domestic or wild).

180DC4BE-5042-4F9E-8025-7275A9E3289F.png

What are you trying to keep in or out?

Random atvs - this is off a dirt road and as soon as I bought the property, I had guys running atvs on this like crazy. Now, to their defense, it hadn’t been posted in years. However - now I am able to make much of this a great deer plot. Add a little screening and I’ll have great access, food and not have to deal with atv riders while I’m in the stand…..hopefully! Haha

It does look good, like I should have some cows or something - doesn’t it?! Haha maybe someday l!

Here we are, half way through Feb. in a high dpsm area and deer are still feeding in our Carbon Load, Vitalize Seed fields.

The reason is because of the diversity!!

Here in Ohio we’ve had some warm days- every time that happens, the high quality grains grow as do the clovers, vetch, etc. they seemingly “pop” out of ground when exposed to sunshine!

This will be very noticeable this Spring as our plots bolt and work to reduce weed pressure, also photosynthesizing - helping prep the soil for our NitroBoost planting.

We will still add more food next year and continue our work at keeping our deer population well below carrying capacity.

As you can see by the body weights of the deer, they are very healthy thus far!
3C089619-1AB1-4D64-8BDB-A67BAE4EE4E4.jpeg

How fast can we fix soil? Pretty darn fast!

Some would rather watch YouTube - so I shared here as well.

You went to OU?

Again - most like YouTube so I’ve converted a few to YouTube.

quick video on nutrient cycling

Very nice job here by the Rodale Institute!

11 acre of cull tree removal is complete - (almost)!

C4990095-88B2-4A83-835F-FCB2FA58A73B.jpeg4055679E-1C9F-450E-B655-5D23961DF905.jpeg6A0068FB-7534-480B-A1E2-9AF9A35E49D3.jpeg88A0CB4F-D111-437F-9317-99F6064C6DFB.jpeg