Ohio Farm Tours

Can’t say I’m familiar. I was just curious if it was a system of testing and adding or crop focused or methods focused. There’s a giant gap of research not being done on perennial systems and what happens in that year 2+ around the sciences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the perennial system research - have you seen some of Dale Stricklands presentations on this? It’s pretty amazing what he accomplished in short order, specifically from an OM creation perspective. It was far above and beyond the previous thoughts on OM creation possibilities. Not to mention the biological component.

I think you’d like the Albrecht stuff. I recently finished his entire book on Calcium. It was just focusing on CA and how in many soils that porosity can help to increase our biology, which helps from P solubility to N fixation . What’s amazing is it was written in like 1953 or something like that!!

Thanks for the comments and following along! Any books or research you find interesting- shoot them over to me and I’ll add to my list.

Happy Easter!

Albert

Another quick video! Sorry for the overload but want to take them when I have time!

this is why a good cover crop can be so beneficial!!

Quick video explaining nutrient cycling -

View attachment 45834
This planting method (drill and drive away) has been a great test this year. We have amazing Carbon Load fall crops coming up and we are still taking advantage of the N-fixing of Nitro Boost. The deer have tons of food here and cover!!

How did the drill and drive away method turn out in the long term? I'm going to try it this year.

How did the drill and drive away method turn out in the long term? I'm going to try it this year.

I am so happy with it! It fed deer all year and is greening up nicely!! Deer are still in it daily. I did have one issue One of the spots I used this method did have some fescue in that spot - I have noticed the fescue is still in there and I plan to spray it again to help setback that fescue. The other areas that didn't have fescue in the seed bank are almost weed free!!

I think you should host a literal farm tour!

I think you should host a literal farm tour!

I’ve really contemplated doing it. Maybe someday I will. I am not sure I can offer enough that folks would want to make a trip but maybe!!

I’ve really contemplated doing it. Maybe someday I will. I am not sure I can offer enough that folks would want to make a trip but maybe!!

Think you’re underselling your knowledge and approach.

Make it a symposium with others or have some colleagues present as well

Think you’re underselling your knowledge and approach.

Make it a symposium with others or have some colleagues present as well

You got my gears turning. I deff could get a few really good biologists and friends to show up, probably my local forester as well. Could be fun!

I believe this is the most overlooked aspect of soil health - specifically in the deer world….browse pressure.

An easy tool to make and one we all should be using!!

Great for gardens and foodplots!

I am obsessed with always providing the best information possible. This means - we cannot guess! We must continue to learn and test. Jared and I set out to continue to test our products, and practices so we can then quantify and share the information in an easily digestible format.

Today I am comparing two tissue tests sampled only feet apart from one another - two different managment methods. This will allow us to observe what is working and what isn’t. This goes far behind just anecdotal observation.

Our friends @wardlabs continue to support our ability to learn and understand various tissue and soil testing methods.

As I heard on @wildroot_flowerco podcast “don’t guess - test!” BFD5EAF0-E197-46A6-9FCA-89F827E218A3.jpeg
0718ADA0-E45E-473F-B62D-A81F7083DED3.jpeg

I am obsessed with always providing the best information possible. This means - we cannot guess! We must continue to learn and test. Jared and I set out to continue to test our products, and practices so we can then quantify and share the information in an easily digestible format.

Today I am comparing two tissue tests sampled only feet apart from one another - two different managment methods. This will allow us to observe what is working and what isn’t. This goes far behind just anecdotal observation.

Our friends @wardlabs continue to support our ability to learn and understand various tissue and soil testing methods.

As I heard on @wildroot_flowerco podcast “don’t guess - test!” View attachment 52053
View attachment 52055
Al, What are the different management methods? The closeup images make the plots look very similar.

Al, What are the different management methods? The closeup images make the plots look very similar.

Great question -
So this is more so a focus on soil fertility methods Vs. Planting methods.

So one side has had certain treatments whereas the other has not. I’ll the compare nutrient levels to the previous comprehensive soil test (done prior to planting) therefore I can compare the plant uptake relative to existing soil tests vs. plant uptake relative to existing soil tests and additional fertility inputs.

This will be a yearly study - more to come!!

What a weekend NItroBoost is in the ground!!

IMG_5974.jpegIMG_5967.jpegIMG_1567.jpegIMG_1572.jpegIMG_1571.jpegIMG_1560.jpegIMG_1562.jpeg

Thought some of y’all might enjoy some new products and ideas on how we are using them!