Oak tree from acorns?

I put acorns in ziploks, usually with moist sphagnum moss or sawdust. Poke holes in the bags or crack the top open to let them breathe a bit, and stuff them in the beer crisper in the fridge. Around the end of February I pot them and put them under lights. After last frost, I'll put them outside until I can get them in the ground, usually in their permanent location by the wnd of june. I always tube oaks and have very few losses each year.
The acorns in the bags are from yesterday. I was scouting these trees and they were raining down. I couldn't resist filling my pockets. The swamp whites are about 50 yards down wind of the whites and I have a tree from one of these that looks like a cross.
Teeder,

Once you pot your acorns and put them under lights in your basement, do you leave the lights on 24-7, or do you go 12 hours on and 12 hrs off?

Thanks!

Nice thing about Alabama is I can grow them over winter outdoors. I did cover the pots during this cold streak.

I have 110 acorns growing in root pouches. These are all variations of white oaks. I have another 150 red oaks and chestnuts stratifying in the fridge right now.

image.jpg