NWTF Turkey Country Magazine

ghilliehunter

5 year old buck +
20170224_205742.jpg In this months issue of the National Wild Turkey Federation magazine there is an article on the still target world championships. If the pic is you Native Hunter, congratulations.

Yup that's Native. Congrats!

Yep, he can grow the heck out of nut and fruit trees and shoot!

And he grows some weird deer too...

LOL, you guys saw it before I did. My magazine is laying on the edge of the bed and I haven't opened it yet. Been a long busy day, but I will check it out.

Thanks guys!!

Congrats!, your a celebrity.

Proud of you,Native

bill

Congrats!

Great Job!

Outstanding!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments.

I first got into these competitions back in 2001, and it was kind of strange how it happened. A friend of mine invited me to go to one of the NWTF sanctioned shooting events, and to make a long story short - I won that day, and of course was immediately hooked on the thrill of the competition.

For several years, I lived and breathed that stuff. I had to try every gun, every shell, every choke and every combination possible - trying to squeeze out the highest possible performance. There have been days that I shot over 100 rounds of 3 inch magnum turkey shells just because I loved to do it so much. You couldn't pay me enough to put myself through that much recoil today...LOL....

In the last few years (and especially as I have gotten older) the thrill has faded and I don't work at it like I once did. I still compete and still have some success, but not to the same degree as I did when I was so eat up with the thrill of it. I mainly compete now because of the great friends I have made in the sport. It's a chance for us to get together and continue the good times that we have come to enjoy so much together.

At some point in recent years, my passion for habitat building quickly trumped the shooting - and now I can get much more excited about a nice apple tree than a new turkey shell...LOL. Thanks again, and hopefully I will keep doing the shooting too to keep a little variety in my life!

Right on!
Congrats