New use for a ground blind and ozonics machine.

Bill

Administrator
My brother bought an ozonics last year.

He decided it was a pain to carry to every stand.

I don't know how well it works or if this is even plausible but we're giving it a try.

Walmart clothes rack in the ground blind. All our hunting clothes are hung outside fermenting in ozone.

98172b7d5d111d9c0b7444a9af96995a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth a try. Let us know if you think it did any good. But I have my doubts.

Ozone works, no doubt about it ozone is used in commercial applications to remove odors. I use one every hunt in my truck and while I dry my clothes. I am not totally sold on hanging it in the deer stand however. I have borrowed a friends and haven't been busted while it's going but I'm not just sure I would have been without it. Plan is to test it out late season on some doe hunts run it for a while and then stop it when deer are downwind.

Well the doe I videoed yesterday on the pics from the stand thread came in down wind and wanted to find me. She found my trail to the stand looked at me a few times sniffed a lot but never became uneasy.

I need more convincing though. I'm certain it's the first this doe has encountered human this fall.

I built a air tight 5x3 closet yesterday. Ozone machine enroute as we speak from Amazon

I have a ScentCrusher duffle bag and it does work according to my nose! Ozone certainly has an odor though, but I don't know if it is something the deer care about.

I like your idea of putting all the clothes into one enclosure and treating them at the same time.

I've OTE="Bill, post: 94088, member: 79"]My brohaven't bought an ozonics last year.

He decided it was a pain to carry to every stand.

I don't know how well it works or if this is even plausible but we're giving it a try.

Walmart clothes rack in the ground blind. All our hunting clothes are hung outside fermenting in ozone.

98172b7d5d111d9c0b7444a9af96995a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Ive thought about doing this with a closet but haven't got around to it, my clothes are stored in a scent proof duffle bag now.

I built what Dipper is talking about building last year. Mine is 6'x6'x2' and air tight. The ozone machine came from Amazon. It works great. I have room for hanging garments, and old fridge shelves for setting things on. I dress out of it before the hunt and undress into it when I get home and set it to run for a couple hours and if possible a couple hours before he hunt. I can't say with any certainty that it has made a difference but I believe it does what research says and descents the clothing and other items and lowers my overall human scent escaping from me to the wind.

Which ones have you guys bought off Amazon?

How are you guys building scent free closets? I am getting ready to put up a shed and wonder what is the best way to construct it. I am thinking a high volume exhaust fan, not sure what to coat the inside with maybe a heavy heavy coat of pain,but would guess caulk all the seams. Think I may get a uv machine like they use in hospitals to kill bacteria.

I made mine out of wood I had left over from various projects, leftover parts of paneling for the walls and every joint is caulked. I don't have an exhaust fan and haven't seen a need for it. It is located in my attached garage.

My thought is the exhaust fan would help pull odors out of the closet, and could be sealed off when not turned on.

According to the epa and public health research, there is no "scent purifying" qualities of ozone. The wife slammed me with that. There is also health warnings to pets and people.
Damn doctors spoiling things. I told her I'm still buying the o3 machine because I worked so hard on the storage bin

I have heard to be careful placing these in vehicles...supposedly ozone eats rubber in air system, etc. Not sure if this is hard fact but i have read it on a couple hunting sites in past

According to the epa and public health research, there is no "scent purifying" qualities of ozone. The wife slammed me with that. There is also health warnings to pets and people.
Damn doctors spoiling things. I told her I'm still buying the o3 machine because I worked so hard on the storage bin

It kills bacteria which causes odors. The company that makes the one I have also have industrial sized ozone machines in many locker rooms around the country (big time football programs). 30min a night to kill bacteria and help stop communicable diseases like MRSA.

I don't know Google oZone myths or something. I just bought one myself, the governments research calls bs. I'll find out when I start using it

IMO, the whole "scent killing" aspect of deer hunting has reached ridiculous proportions.

Come on man, there is $ to be made.
There are a many things in the ridiculous catagory when it comes to deer hunting.