New favorite apple

chummer

5 year old buck +
Autumn Glory. I took a flyer on some at the grocery store. Wow. My new favorite apple. Looks like it is one of those apple trees you can’t buy yet but if you see some in the store give them a try.

Nice. Looks interesting. Also saw that it's harvested in mid October in Washington, so could be a bit of a late dropper.

Just ate a Rockit apple from the fridge. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing right with it either. Think it's related to a Gala.

I'll look for them. My favorite store apple for now is pink lady, but I'm all about having two favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For eating Honeycrisp is my favorite, for growing it’s a longer list!

Going to have to try the autumn glory, like Merle said nothing wrong with two favorites....or more.

For eating Honeycrisp is my favorite, for growing it’s a longer list!

Going to have to try the autumn glory, like Merle said nothing wrong with two favorites....or more.

Honey crisp is down a bit on my list.
Autumn Glory
Sweet Tango
Pazazz
Honey Crisp

#2 and #3 are both half honey crisp. Unfortunately both part of clubs and probably will never be available to grow.

Franklin is my favorite choice for Cider making and wildlife.

Pink Lady is my favroite as well.

Kanzi, SweeTango, Jazz, and Honeycrisp round out my top five.

Breaburn has caught my attention recently. I bought about 20 lbs recently, and they are very good.

If you can find some, try Crimson Topaz.

look in the bins of apple for any sign of a bud on the stem, a bud is all you need.

I prefer to think of it as an efficient gathering of resources.

Zestar! Is my favorite. Wish they stored longer than they do but come late August there is nothing better! Pink Lady is my go to store bought Apple. Local grown honey crisp from MN is very good along with Sweet Tangos.

^^^^ Haven't seen any Sweet Tangos around my area. I keep looking. I'd love to try some - they sound good.

Envy
Pink Lady
Honey Crisp

Those are my top three, Envy are really good. I'll have to keep an eye out for Autumn Glory.

It is neat how people’s tastes differ. I thought zestar was average at best, pink lady and envy are okay but they are some people’s favorite. I think honey crisp are over rated. They are really good but the grocery store makes a huge deal when they are ready but not for any other apple. You really have to try them all.

I have never tried Autumn Glory or Crimson Topazm