New cams for 2022

Vosker just came out with a new live-feed one. Wonder how well the solar panel works though.
https://www.vosker.com/v300/

Whatcha think of it thus far?
Really really like it with a few caveats.

Picture is great. You can change the resolution depending on cell signal. The pan feature is great. I find myself looking in at live picture several times a day.

I ended up using the SIM card you can get off Amazon advertised for this camera. Uses both att and t mobile towers.

Has best motion sensor I have found In a game camera.

For negatives, I had In a location with 2-3 bars and it worked just ok. Couldn’t really use the higher resolutions and would take a while to pan and tilt. When I moved to a different location with better signal it works flawlessly.

To get most out of it you have to pay for their cloud service. It will auto download videos and can watch them instantly. You can view videos on app directly from camera through cellular but not as smooth.

The app is not set up for wildlife but same as a security camera. It’s fine and I imagine they will refine that over time.

By a wide margin best trail camera I have used. Not really a camera, it’s 24-7 video.

DA713283-ABB2-4135-9985-097593BA971B.jpeg
BE18FD68-4E69-4A60-9CDF-7C90F3F31B24.jpeg1D1D64FA-DCB3-4433-A922-B529290974F2.jpeg

Really really like it with a few caveats.

Picture is great. You can change the resolution depending on cell signal. The pan feature is great. I find myself looking in at live picture several times a day.

I ended up using the SIM card you can get off Amazon advertised for this camera. Uses both att and t mobile towers.

Has best motion sensor I have found In a game camera.

For negatives, I had In a location with 2-3 bars and it worked just ok. Couldn’t really use the higher resolutions and would take a while to pan and tilt. When I moved to a different location with better signal it works flawlessly.

To get most out of it you have to pay for their cloud service. It will auto download videos and can watch them instantly. You can view videos on app directly from camera through cellular but not as smooth.

The app is not set up for wildlife but same as a security camera. It’s fine and I imagine they will refine that over time.

By a wide margin best trail camera I have used. Not really a camera, it’s 24-7 video.

View attachment 46127
View attachment 46128View attachment 46129

Solar/Battery seems to have enough power? I'd like to put one at my shack on the land and it would be easy enough to get permanent power to that so I might check out some other options that could be hard wired.

I bought 2 Tactacam Reveal X's in the off season when they were a little cheaper. I went to put them out this weekend and upon registering them and paid for a plan etc. is when I realized I had bought the wrong SD cards. Apparently they require ONLY class 10 with a U3 rating and only ones with 16 GB or 32 GB of storage, no more and no less. I bought Sandisk cards with all the requirements except the U3 rating which I learned is the writing speed.

This is also when I realized that Tactacam itself sells the right ones but when I went to buy them from their store they were out of stock lol I ordered the correct cards and should have them by this weekend so I will let you know if I like them or not.

I considered buying a solar panel for $90 and probably will soon but wanted to make sure I liked the cams enough before I shell out the dough.

Solar/Battery seems to have enough power? I'd like to put one at my shack on the land and it would be easy enough to get permanent power to that so I might check out some other options that could be hard wired.
Has kept 100 percent charge.

If hard wiring to power Reolink the parent company has some that would work.

I bought 2 Tactacam Reveal X's in the off season when they were a little cheaper. I went to put them out this weekend and upon registering them and paid for a plan etc. is when I realized I had bought the wrong SD cards. Apparently they require ONLY class 10 with a U3 rating and only ones with 16 GB or 32 GB of storage, no more and no less. I bought Sandisk cards with all the requirements except the U3 rating which I learned is the writing speed.

This is also when I realized that Tactacam itself sells the right ones but when I went to buy them from their store they were out of stock lol I ordered the correct cards and should have them by this weekend so I will let you know if I like them or not.

I considered buying a solar panel for $90 and probably will soon but wanted to make sure I liked the cams enough before I shell out the dough.
The sd card stuff drives me nuts. I’ve had the best luck just buying the sd card made by the camera brand so I know it’s compatible.

The tactacam brand solar/battery setup should be in the $60 ballpark or are you looking at a different model?

The tactacam brand solar/battery setup should be in the $60 ballpark or are you looking at a different model?
No sir, the solar panel is $60 but you need the $20 cable and $15 for shipping bud. Do you have the solar panel setup? If so do you like it?

No sir, the solar panel is $60 but you need the $20 cable and $15 for shipping bud. Do you have the solar panel setup? If so do you like it?
I have 3 of them. The bundle I bought included the cord.

They work good but not great. Other brands you put on a solar panel and it basically works indefinitely. With Tactacam it works a long time but the battery eventually drops down if not in direct sunlight. I am on month 3 on two of the cameras and the app says battery at 50%.

What I have done is buy an extra lithium battery back for the cameras. Works in all the ones I have. I keep it charged, and just pop it in if needed, then charge that battery at home and swap it in the next camera when needed.

So good, not perfect.

Huh. I bought one expecting to get the appropriate cable to convert it to work with a ridgetec camera but not sure that'll happen. It still sits in the box but i assumed it came with the cable needed for a reveal based on this listing. Shipping was free. https://www.trailcampro.com/products/tactacam-solar-panel

Oh that is the whole kit and has the cable! The one on the Tactacam site sold the cable separate so you are probably onto something there bud.

I have 3 of them. The bundle I bought included the cord.

They work good but not great. Other brands you put on a solar panel and it basically works indefinitely. With Tactacam it works a long time but the battery eventually drops down if not in direct sunlight. I am on month 3 on two of the cameras and the app says battery at 50%.

What I have done is buy an extra lithium battery back for the cameras. Works in all the ones I have. I keep it charged, and just pop it in if needed, then charge that battery at home and swap it in the next camera when needed.

So good, not perfect.
Thank you for the reply bud, I know nothing about the brand so I try to get advice before getting in too deep!

Huh. I bought one expecting to get the appropriate cable to convert it to work with a ridgetec camera but not sure that'll happen. It still sits in the box but i assumed it came with the cable needed for a reveal based on this listing. Shipping was free. https://www.trailcampro.com/products/tactacam-solar-panel

Found that it's quite easy to find plug adapters so I'll likely stick this on a ridgetec after all.

Few bucks shipped from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TT5F1JC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Can’t say enough about keen ranger pt. Have bought a bunch of them and they work great. I use the eiotclub SIM card.50661C99-2982-493E-8780-DAC8E4A66425.png

What is the up front and monthly cost for the SIM cards?
Do they seem to detect motion a ways out there? The specs had a short detection distance.

SIM cards are 120/year, so 10 dollars a month. I buy one year at a time. They run deals for refills that are often 20 dollars cheaper (100/year).

They have been equal to or better than trail cameras so far for me.

The ability to pan and tilt makes them like having multiple cameras in same field. Check out different areas. I have traditional cell cameras in some fields, and if I see something on there I will log in and live video the keen camera. Can check out the whole field. Sometimes I will have 6-8 deer in a field, and only one show up on the tactacam set up at the feeder.

These would function just like a traditional cell camera if you wanted. But I tend to put them up high more like a security camera and use to survey the whole field. I have been putting them on my shooting houses so it is like the view I would have sitting in the house, then can tilt and pan around field like I was there.

SIM cards are 120/year, so 10 dollars a month. I buy one year at a time. They run deals for refills that are often 20 dollars cheaper (100/year).

They have been equal to or better than trail cameras so far for me.

The ability to pan and tilt makes them like having multiple cameras in same field. Check out different areas. I have traditional cell cameras in some fields, and if I see something on there I will log in and live video the keen camera. Can check out the whole field. Sometimes I will have 6-8 deer in a field, and only one show up on the tactacam set up at the feeder.
Does the solar seem to keep them charged well?

All mine have stayed at 100 percent since I got them.

Can’t say enough about keen ranger pt. Have bought a bunch of them and they work great. I use the eiotclub SIM card.View attachment 47112
Finally put the one I have out yesterday. If the PIR is triggered do the videos just show up under the playback button?

Hasn’t been a nice weekend in MN
9E775909-616D-44DB-87C2-9B7EED05F051.jpegB6DB9E81-97D5-4C26-B021-54C345584573.png