titan23_87

5 year old buck +
A901113F-9A1F-43C9-A81C-5ADB0122548F.jpeg
858A05B1-B3A4-4F2D-B778-B5264DB4A538.jpeg

Attachments

• D627AB9E-683C-4300-AADB-76781316981D.jpeg
    D627AB9E-683C-4300-AADB-76781316981D.jpeg
    693.5 KB · Views: 23
No clue. It looks like square wire fence??? Obviously not but I’ve never seen anything like it.

Maybe I missed it, but it would helpful to know where you are -- or where you found this. State, county - something more in the way of a clue. In the background of one of the pictures I thought, maybe, I saw some berries?

Farmer Dan. Located in NW Ohio. These pics were just taken, no berries from what I saw.

There are few plants with opposing branches. MADCap Horse. M-Maple, A-Ash, D-Dogwood, Cap-Caprifoliaciae (Probably one of these. Viburnum, and several other shrubs in this group), Horse - Horse chestnut.

Swat- Wildlife (specifically deer) value in the Caprifoliaciae?

Swat- Wildlife (specifically deer) value in the Caprifoliaciae?

Some yes, some probably no. Honeysuckle for example is one. It has some cover value, I suppose, and gets browsed some here, but I despise it. I'm sure some of them are browsed, others not. I would say most have a berry at some point. I'd just watch it, if you have much of a deer population it should be apparent if it is a desired species.

look here

Blackhaw, Common Buckthorn,Spicebush????

look here

Blackhaw, Common Buckthorn,Spicebush????

I’ve looked at those you suggested I don’t believe so. I also don’t think it’s honeysuckle with its red tint and red stems....

Also, it didn’t come from multi stems from the ground like I’ve seen from honeysuckle. More like one “trunk”
BA9EB70F-DC65-4FFE-9DCC-1C97CA67195A.png

Any other suggestions?

I'd guess buckthorn, but would need more pics after it's fully leafed out to know for sure.

Looks like Blackhaw Viburnum.

Looks like Blackhaw Viburnum.
I ordered a bunch of seeds the past winter and started to grow some.

I noticed some new flowers a couple weeks ago. Found out it was Blackhaw. Branching structure is easy to identify. I have a ton of now that I know what it is.

I, too, am believing it's blackhaw. Blackhaw is a member of the viburnum family. I've looked at other viburnum varieties and find several with leaves that look like those in the picture, but there's little consistency. I guess it happens. I look like my brother, but there are noticeable differences. Given the location in northwest Ohio and finding the plant growing wild makes me want to stick with blackhaw. There was another variety that looked suspiciously like the pictures provided, but the description says its a native of China. I guess it wouldn't be any surprise if it, somehow, got from there to here. Look for Henry's viburnum on this page https://www.thespruce.com/twelve-species-of-viburnum-shrubs-3269667