My little attempt

I thought of you today. Was walking in this plot that has lots of buckwheat going to seed and a big covey exploded between me and that small persimmon tree. I wasn’t fast enough to get a pic of them.

View attachment 67957

Jealous of you guys. I’ve been working to get quail reestablished on our place. Had a bunch growing up in the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jealous of you guys. I’ve been working to get quail reestablished on our place. Had a bunch growing up in the 80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big mature cedar fence rows and a host of forbs like partridge pea, tick trefoil and ragweed seem to make them happy on my place.

Big mature cedar fence rows and a host of forbs like partridge pea, tick trefoil and ragweed seem to make them happy on my place.
Well that's good news. We have a few mature cedar groves and a couple along fences (they make the best screening). As we've been killing off CSG the past 3 years, we've had an explosion of common ragweed and partridge pea. And if tick trefoil is the same as what we call beggar's lice, we are overrun with it in the timber. Just ask my dog. :-)

We also added some QuailSafe CRP this spring/summer.