Met my new neighbors today.

wisconsinteacher

5 year old buck +
I met my new neighbors today. A set of 2 brothers and a sister all live close to my new property. I met them all sepreatly and they said the same thing. A lot of does/fawns and smaller bucks. They don't see many big bucks in the area. They don't shoot does and only hunt a few days a year. Overall, very nice people that said they will keep an eye on things when we are not around. I kicked up a few deer today as I scouted a new section of the land. Found a great rub line and a heavy trail that deer use to cut the corner of my property. I also found a spot to put a box blind for my dad to rifle hunt out of. This is going to be fun!!!

Sounds like a great day!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Introducing yourself to the neighbors is a good move

i recommend introducing yourself to the game warden as your next move

Good luck on your journey!

bill

What county in WI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice....When I was looking at my land I went to the only house/neighbor that is close to my land. The third time of not getting an answer and left a note introducing myself and left my phone number....Had a man call the next day and told me his 80ish year old mother lives there alone and it scares him to death...He lives out of state. I told him to call me for anything she needs....Now I stop in regularly and chat with her. (she was home every time I was there just did not answer) Nicest lady ever...I offered to use my skid steer to plow her driveway...She told me I can use hers...Beautiful fully cabbed Kubtota 55 hp tractor with loader....It was much more comfy than my machine and I don't have to trailer it out there. I told her that I would love to buy her woods when she is ready to sell...We shall see.

Good start!

When I bought my new farm I called all the neighbours just to say hello. I met one as he was mowing by happenstance, all very nice. The guy to the north of me was much older 70-80 I'd guess. He was very surprised I called to say hello and was very receptive. He told me I could track if I needed to, and i told him I'd never cross the line before calling him first. He also told me no one should be hunting there and I told him I know at least one person with shotgun hunting on the property and I would keep him informed if I saw them again. He said thanks and we said our goodbyes.

Near Birchwood? I have a lot on Lake Chetac.

I have land in Rusk County and the deer numbers are improving, but there aren't a lot of decent bucks running around. The bear hunting is very good though, so it would be a good idea to start applying for bear tags if you haven't done so already. They need to be thinned out since they are really good at eating fawns.

Correct, I'm near Birchwood.

I have 5 points for bear and my wife will start building points again after having a kill tag last year.