Bought Anything Lately That Met Your Expectations?

Gardepro trail cameras have been great so far, especially considering the price.

Not a recent purchase but I'm sure glad I got myself a flail mower. Go out and cut 2" brush/small trees and then go and do a good job mowing grass. I'm impressed.

I really like my FloFast gas pump setup. Thinking of buying a second one for diesel. The thing just works for everything from yard care, to boating, to land maintaining projects and travel.

I bought a fully submersible back pack from a company called Fishpond. Balls expensive but It should be the cats ass for when there is 4” of water in the bottom of the canoe and I want a dry camera😉. It’s a waterproof zipper instead of a fold over style.

My warm weather rain gear found it’s way into the garbage can after a recent fishing trip. Did lots of research and ended up buying a mid-tier Simms set. Haven’t used it yet but I’m 100%positive I like it better.

Rock River is right down the road from me! Was started by two brothers, one has since passed. Great dudes.

I had a minor issue with a new RR rifle I bought from them so I called them up and they said “bring it in”. At the time they were building their new facility and they were working in a “what was available” facility. It was a soon to be torn down two story farm house on the banks of a flooding Rock River. My carbine is old enough that it’s marked “Cleveland Il”.

Humble beginnings. Real people.

Their varmint uppers are for real. I don’t have one.

Last edited:
On that topic, I have built a few Aero Precision rifles in the last year. Exceptional! Even their blemished parts are top notch. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I started this thread, this has been a good/bad thread for me. Some neat cool stuff I am learning about but I already have 2 items added to my buy list. one is the diesel fuel pump. I am at an age where I don't need tp be lifting a 5 gal diesel jug at 50 lbs above my shoulders to fuel up the tractor. 😫

Lube Shuttle grease gun.

Bought my second one. I know it uses proprietary cartridges / greases and it’s not cheap. But for a small timer like me using MAYBE 2 tubes a year, it’s a fine solution. Works great, no mess ever, and it’s well made IMO.

As I was watering today…another that has worked out good is replacement bucket handle grips. Makes buckets last longer for me before being thrown out and stops the pinching while carrying full buckets with original cracked grip.

IMG_7718.jpeg

IMG_7717.jpeg

Glad I started this thread, this has been a good/bad thread for me. Some neat cool stuff I am learning about but I already have 2 items added to my buy list. one is the diesel fuel pump. I am at an age where I don't need tp be lifting a 5 gal diesel jug at 50 lbs above my shoulders to fuel up the tractor. 😫
Bought one for my dad for Father's Day for the same reason

Never would have thought to search for replacement bucket grips but thx for tip! Seems to be needed on many old buckets I have

I've been waiting for my new MASTER UTV 50 GALLON Boomless sprayer to ship. Ordered via Northern Tool and they have delayed the shipping for over two weeks. Today I was in St Cloud and stopped by a fleet store that has lots of good stuff for Ag and food plotting. They had two units just like I want.....and at the same price....but no shipping costs. I bought one.....and cancelled my order through Northern. Drove home and assembled the new unit. Instructions were so-so.....but with You Tube videos and a little fooling around I got it together quite quickly. Only thing I'm missing was some teflon tape (which I have at my land). All the parts were there....but lots of little parts were loose in the big box it comes in. It would be nice if those were properly bagged.

I can tell that the quality of the components is of better quality than the POS sprayer it will replace. I like that I can close my tailgate with this unit.....and all the screens and filters and rubber washers to keep things leak proof. It's a little early to give this a "proving grounds stamp of approval" but it seems to be what I am looking for......and it's got a drain feature in the bottom of the tank. The over-the-tailgate boom mount seems like a good plan for me. So does boomless in the woods. Also I read that it fits my Honda Pioneer UTV and my Polaris Ranger. I like the way it's "skid mounted" and that it has handles to pick it up and tie it down.

I'll get a chance to use it when the rains stop around here and provide an update. I paid $830 for it plus tax. I am going to try to calibrate it tomorrow and spend some time spraying water. If it works as good as I think it will....it will be money well spent. I'll post more after some use.

Here is a video that reviews the features. I think I will like the multi-position sprayer nozzles that let you spray from 5 feet to 30 feet. Seems decent quality nozzles.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for my new MASTER UTV 50 GALLON Boomless sprayer to ship. Ordered via Northern Tool and they have delayed the shipping for over two weeks. Today I was in St Cloud and stopped by a fleet store that has lots of good stuff for Ag and food plotting. They had two units just like I want.....and at the same price....but no shipping costs. I bought one.....and cancelled my order through Northern. Drove home and assembled the new unit. Instructions were so-so.....but with You Tube videos and a little fooling around I got it together quite quickly. Only thing I'm missing was some teflon tape (which I have at my land). All the parts were there....but lots of little parts were loose in the big box it comes in. It would be nice if those were properly bagged.

I can tell that the quality of the components is of better quality than the POS sprayer it will replace. I like that I can close my tailgate with this unit.....and all the screens and filters and rubber washers to keep things leak proof. It's a little early to give this a "proving grounds stamp of approval" but it seems to be what I am looking for......and it's got a drain feature in the bottom of the tank. The over-the-tailgate boom mount seems like a good plan for me. So does boomless in the woods. Also I read that it fits my Honda Pioneer UTV and my Polaris Ranger. I like the way it's "skid mounted" and that it has handles to pick it up and tie it down.

I'll get a chance to use it when the rains stop around here and provide an update. I paid $830 for it plus tax. I am going to try to calibrate it tomorrow and spend some time spraying water. If it works as good as I think it will....it will be money well spent. I'll post more after some use.

Here is a video that reviews the features. I think I will like the multi-position sprayer nozzles that let you spray from 5 feet to 30 feet. Seems decent quality nozzles.

Looking forward to the review as I bought the same unit.

I assume the store was Mimbach. Great variety and mix of quality and economical items for the size of the place. Surprised me when I found a selection of Silky saws there. Fortunately they don't open until an hour after I'm headed home for the day or I'd be in there way too much.

I assume the store was Mimbach. Great variety and mix of quality and economical items for the size of the place. Surprised me when I found a selection of Silky saws there. Fortunately they don't open until an hour after I'm headed home for the day or I'd be in there way too much.
Yep.....Mimbach's is a great store. I sure wish they were a bit closer to me at Nisswa....they carry allot of the right stuff and fair prices too. It's really hard to buy stuff like this locally.......as we lack much for farming here. Tho.....they did put a TSC store in at Pine River......and they are doing a heckofa business at that store. Lot's of horse lovers in that area and some assorted livestock operators. Still not much for seed and fertilizer in my area.

Not lately, but a year or two ago I bought an electric pole saw. Greenworks is the brand. I already had a Stihl gas pole saw but that sucker got heavy after awhile. I took the opportunity after my son borrowed it to just get another. I was so impressed with how it performed that I bought an electric chain saw also. You’re not gonna buck up a cord of firewood with it, but it does punch above its weight. I use both of them quite a bit and the batteries interchange. Lithium ion batteries of course and they charge pretty quickly.
I'll second how nice electric saws are. I have a smaller 10" craftsman that is great for doing treestand work up in the air with one hand and then bought a 40v 14" kobalt for orchard pruining. They're instant on and off with no smell or fuss. The gas husqvarna is still my go to for large jobs, but don't overlook how good these battery powered tools have gotten.

Dad and I just upgraded the lime spreader to the Groundbuster 6000 DX which is a one ton model. Flipped a few items and had to add some cash that made this used one reasonable. The price on these things have gone through the roof.
1000000735.jpg

Curious.......What is the price tag on one of those RGrizzzzz??