Bought Anything Lately That Met Your Expectations?

Curious.......What is the price tag on one of those RGrizzzzz??
I got a quote from a local dealer for $6800 and I see one on Tractor house for $7800. One of the dealers rents them for $75/day for the 1000lb dual auger and $100/day for the one ton dual auger. The dual auger models really kick the prices up.

I just thought of this one.

Dry fire Training Cards, Real World Gunfight Training, Red Dot Mastery, the Mike “Ox” Ochsner stuff.

I’m in my late 50’s and I still carry a Glock at work.

I don’t shoot enough. I have noticed I have gone from being capable to less effective the last few years. I tried shooting more. Didn’t really help. Dry fire has always worked or me so I did some of that.

Anyway the marketing for the Mike Ox stuff is pretty overbearing on FB but I read a little about it and it sounded like what I needed. My shooting has to be gun fighting skills, shooting and moving, shooting while moving. His program didn’t emphasize burning ammo, it emphasized dry fire drills and vision training. I bought the dry fire cards (which I haven’t used enough) and this pop up cloth hamper with dry fire vision training targets on it. It also emphasizes what I call performing divided attention tasks. That means working on doing 2-3 things at once. Super important in stressful situations.

I have not worked very hard at it and it has really got me back to where I was. Mostly I have been doing draw and fire and draw while moving drills I already knew from my work rig and. “Shooting” the targets on this pop up hamper thing. I was able to self fix my low/left groups that had been showing up.

I also put suppressor height sights on my G17 and mounted a Trijicon RMR on my pistol. I did this several years ago and took it off. I had been trained to focus on the front sight and I had trouble making the transition to focusing on the target and superimposing the dot on the target (Which I easily do with a carbine and Aimpoint). I read most of Mike Ox’s “Red Dot Mastery” book and mounted the RMR back up. Turns out, most of us can easily transition from focusing on the front sight with irons only and transition to a different pistol where you instead focus on the target, superimposing the dot on the target easily. Thats what I was worried about. I burned ammo on the range yesterday and was very happy with my shooting.

I’m seeing good results. I’m going to be more disciplined and work on dry firing more as I have seen that it works.

Last edited:
Just found this thread....must have missed the first time around.

I've got two things that I purchased relatively recently that have exceeded my expectations....one made in China, and the other made in the USA.

I bought a 1 ton DR Versa-Trailer for general use around my swampy and soggy land. This thing will go anywhere my ATV or tractor will pull it. I use it to lime my food plots, haul out bucked up firewood rounds, and the bed comes off and I can use it to haul logs. The thing is a beast and has held up well over the past 10 years with no issues. The tires have a little dry rot, but that's about it. This summer I am cleaning up after a 3 acre hemlock and spruce clearcut we had done. I am using the leftover treetops and logs the logger didn't take to lay down corduroy on some of my wetland trails.

IMG_4862.jpgIMG_4863.jpgIMG_1734.JPGP7200002.JPGIMG_4878.jpgIMG_4876.jpg

The other is my log splitter by American CLS. Made right in NY, USA....when you call the company for support the owner answers his own phone. It was expensive compared to models made overseas and sold in the big box stores...but worth every penny. The thing is a beast...hard working, powerful, and starts first pull every time.

IMG_4864.jpg

Last edited:

I've got two things that I purchased relatively recently that have exceeded my expectations....one made in China, and the other made in the USA.

I bought a 1 ton DR Versa-Trailer for general use around my swampy and soggy land. This thing will go anywhere my ATV or tractor will pull it. I use it to lime my food plots, haul out bucked up firewood rounds, and the bed comes off and I can use it to haul logs. The thing is a beast and has held up well over the past 10 years with no issues. The tires have a little dry rot, but that's about it. This summer I am cleaning up after a 3 acre hemlock and spruce clearcut we had done. I am using the leftover treetops and logs the logger didn't take to lay down corduroy on some of my wetland trails.

View attachment 66951View attachment 66952View attachment 66953View attachment 66954View attachment 66955View attachment 66956

The other is my log splitter by American CLS. Made right in NY, USA....when you call the company for support the owner answers his own phone. It was expensive compared to models made overseas and sold in the big box stores...but worth every penny. The thing is a beast...hard working, powerful, and starts first pull every time.

View attachment 66957
I started looking at that ATV trailer combo and thinking that it could be a poor man’s side-by-side substitute. Then I looked at the trailer price and realized I wouldn’t be much better off. Yikes!

I started looking at that ATV trailer combo and thinking that it could be a poor man’s side-by-side substitute. Then I looked at the trailer price and realized I wouldn’t be much better off. Yikes!

Yeah, it wasn't cheap. But it has allowed me to do things that no other tool would on my swampy land. In the past 10 years I have probably hauled out 40 cords of firewood alone with the trailer. Trees that were on swampy trails and places where only an ATV would go. So in that respect, the thing has paid for itself a few times over already.

This Harbor Freight log splitter has exceeded expectations. I love that it splits in both directions, which speeds up the job. I tow it around the farm regularly. I’ve had this model seven years. For a splitter under $1000, it has been a workhorse. This is my third gas splitter, and by far my favorite.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 5.08.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Poors man trailer..... Used boat trailer, put a set of pickup truck tires on it. Keep the pressure around 12-15 psi or so. Maybe add .

Poors man trailer..... Used boat trailer, put a set of pickup truck tires on it. Keep the pressure around 12-15 psi or so. Maybe add .
Seems a little long for working in the woods.

Seems a little long for working in the woods.
Chop it. Will try to remember to take a pic when I get to camp. Added plus is the winch on boat trailers too. Best one is a smaller boat trailer, but with 5 bolt rims. Jeep cherokee or older ford explorer rims work fine on those.

As a bonus the really old boat trailers were usually made to tilt too with all the unimproved boat landings back in the day. Not sure about matching the hubs on those with SUV tires tho as have/had several and usually seem to be 4 bolt wheels

Also up north old snowmobile trailers are usually made with wide, low tires and tilt but a two up trailer is probably too wide and would need modified for woods work

Myself I just buy old running gears and shorten frame up to 10 ft or so. The older ones were made a bit narrower than modern ones and without a deck and some short pieces of pipe for sides haul logs really well. But can see the big flotation tires on DR rig being the major go/no go factor for swampy land

Last edited:
Here's a rig kinda like the DR one but cheaper. You have to supply the wood and maybe shipping kills the savings, dunno
Screenshot_20240806-095618.png

Bxpanded Pirhana cutting edge for tractor bucket.

Fantastic addition. Yanks scrub trees out by the roots, shears them off, makes digging stumps out easier. It’s like a force multiplier for my root grapple.

Have been using regular bucket with the Pirhana for a month or two then switching to grapple for awhile then rotate again….

These down below.
Saw. Ran for the first time last weekend. Performed exactly to what I needed. Perfect for trails or similar. Cut up a dead oak limb from storm about 5" diameter. Did great.
Other mini chainsaws like the name brands were $150-$200 or more. Don't expect much from this. It is exactly what it says it is and that is what I need it for.

Air compressor. Of course the price is in the name, but works great. Doesn't take up much storage room in truck. Very light weight, semi-quiet, and the best part is you can set the lbs you want and it stops.

View attachment 66951View attachment 66952View attachment 66953View attachment 66954View attachment 66955View attachment 66956

View attachment 66957

Natty ... I like that trailer!

Another item I aquired a few months ago, a Tisas 1911 in 10mm. When you see 1911s selling from $800 to $2500 or more, this sucker was a steal at around $500. It shoots wonderfully and has digested everything so far. IMG_3808.jpeg

Natty ... I like that trailer!

Yeah Tree Spud...for my wet and swampy land that makes anything with a pick-up or tractor impossible, this has been a real work horse. It comes also with outriggers you can extend and a manual winch and book for lifting big rocks or trees, but have found that I never needed it so I removed it. In the winter when I tap my maple trees I remove the bed and use the frame to transport my sap collecting rig. There's really not a month that goes by that I don't use this for some chore on the land.

Another handy item that is sure nice;
Lightning chargers for the cell phones, saves a lot of time.