Bought Anything Lately That Met Your Expectations?

Was just thinking about this on the way to work tonight as it was raining.

RainX...it really does work if you put it on on when glass is hot and use two coats. I put it on last fall and water still beads and blows across my winsheild...the stuff is great!

Crossbow herbicide...it is liquid death on broadleafs and unwanted trees&shrubs.

Cattplex...just like Crossbow but for any type of grass from phragmites to yard grass.....mix the two and it is like paraquat, will kill everything.

Another thing is Aquashade I put in my pond in late spring, one gallon lasts in my one acre pond almost till the following spring.
I learned from the Mexicans in Baja that potatoes are the poor man's rain-x. Cut a potato and rub it on the window. It works.

I find my Ridgid Cordless tools to be very handy. I don't think they are better than other brands but I like the life time warranty and they stepped up and sent me a new table saw after using it for 18 years. So I have been buying the cordless Ridgid series and have found them to be great so far. I use them for everything, I grab the impact to remove a rusty wheel from a disc then grab the LED light to put wood in the back of shed, then grab the drill to build a shooting house, then grab the blower to clean the weed seeds off my bush hog and then grab the chainsaw to cut branch from trail. Simply makes life easier

I find my Ridgid Cordless tools to be very handy. I don't think they are better than other brands but I like the life time warranty and they stepped up and sent me a new table saw after using it for 18 years. So I have been buying the cordless Ridgid series and have found them to be great so far. I use them for everything, I grab the impact to remove a rusty wheel from a disc then grab the LED light to put wood in the back of shed, then grab the drill to build a shooting house, then grab the blower to clean the weed seeds off my bush hog and then grab the chainsaw to cut branch from trail. Simply makes life easier

I can get on board with this. We went Dewalt and love it! Same thing. Chainsaw, 2 impacts, 2 drills, weed eater, blower, pole saw, skil saw, sawzall, grinder, oscillating tool, jigsaw. Love them all with a good strong battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will give the EGO brand a plug here too. Everything I have bought from them has worked great with fast chargers and good battery life.

I have a Milwaukee Tool corded and a DeWalt battery powered Sawzall's. I definitely used the battery powered one more.

Here's an unexpected one. I bought two of these a couple years ago for my greenhouse to control irrigation. Believe it or not, after two years of being exposed spray, freezes, 100+ degrees, and direct sun they are still working flawless, the battery is still good, and the time has not drifted more than a minute. I am actually very impressed, but they don't appear to be available anymore.

1717165306788.png

I learned from the Mexicans in Baja that potatoes are the poor man's rain-x. Cut a potato and rub it on the window. It works.

I've never heard of that, I'll stick with the RainX.

I went with some of the Milwaukee cordless tools a couple years ago drill/impact/circular saw/blower/compact vacuum and have been very happy with them. Very handy working on deer blinds/bird houses/wood duck houses, just throw what I need in the four wheeler basket or trailer. also use them a lot around the house and shop.

I know this isn't something that everyone would have a need for.... though handy if you have a shop and a sink. We bought a couple of Marathon brand paper towel dispensers like you find in a public bathroom for our public bathrooms at the farm. They are the waive your hand in front of them and they dispense the paper towels. We got them as Sam's Club probably 4 years ago. Well for some reason one of them got to the point it would only dispense about 3" of paper towel every cycle. Called the hotline number to see if there was something I was overlooking and a way to reset it. The lady that answered was the nicest customr service person I have talked to in forever! American, well educated, polite, etcc.. I explained the problem and she said sounds like you need a new one, I will get that sent out tomorrow. I said the warranty had expired according to the when I purchased it. She said "No problem, we are glad you chose to purchase our product". 2 days later a brand new one showed up on our door step. My wife was listening to the call as I had it on speaker phone. She just looked at me and said "What the hell was that?!" Customer service without hesitation I said.

Here's an unexpected one. I bought two of these a couple years ago for my greenhouse to control irrigation. Believe it or not, after two years of being exposed spray, freezes, 100+ degrees, and direct sun they are still working flawless, the battery is still good, and the time has not drifted more than a minute. I am actually very impressed, but they don't appear to be available anymore.

View attachment 64925
I love these little timers. Have this exact version. Been using two of them with a solar powered watering system for over 4 years now and they are still working perfectly. Same experience, they do not vary by more than a second or so every year. Glad I bought a spare a few years ago if in fact they are no longer available.

I know this isn't something that everyone would have a need for.... though handy if you have a shop and a sink. We bought a couple of Marathon brand paper towel dispensers like you find in a public bathroom for our public bathrooms at the farm. They are the waive your hand in front of them and they dispense the paper towels. We got them as Sam's Club probably 4 years ago. Well for some reason one of them got to the point it would only dispense about 3" of paper towel every cycle. Called the hotline number to see if there was something I was overlooking and a way to reset it. The lady that answered was the nicest customr service person I have talked to in forever! American, well educated, polite, etcc.. I explained the problem and she said sounds like you need a new one, I will get that sent out tomorrow. I said the warranty had expired according to the when I purchased it. She said "No problem, we are glad you chose to purchase our product". 2 days later a brand new one showed up on our door step. My wife was listening to the call as I had it on speaker phone. She just looked at me and said "What the hell was that?!" Customer service without hesitation I said.
You had me at AMERICAN.

Dumb and simple but can't believe how much I use it ..I admit I would do anything NOT to have to start my air compressor in the shop ..but then again ..the air compressor is not always where/when I get in a bind and this pretty well is where I need it when I need it
1717469180217.jpeg

Here's another one that really works for me great ...
I have a gas generator (run twice monthly for an hour) for the whole house in a shed out back of the house ..I'm rural and where we live in winter more often Ice than snow or rain taking down the power lines
Also we live near the New Madrid Fault ..the one where the Mississippi River flowed backwards for three days the last time it got ugly ...
I use 5 gallon plastic gas cans just like the picture to store the fuel ..and lots of it which I rotate every other year 1/2 of my fuel inventory (leaded gas only and Staybil is the only way to get 2 years) and when I run the hourly gen run I top off with this handy pump to keep air out of the gen fuel tank ..
Come summer as I rotate 1/2 my supply of fuel I just back the buggy up to the fuel storage and fill my vehicles, mowers and such with this dandy pump
Also at the farm where I also use portable cans I use this pump to put diesel in my tractor whose fill spout is head high and very difficult to manage with rebuilt shoulder so I use this pump there also ...
A set of 4 AAA batteries will pump around 40/50 gallons before it starts to slow but in normal battery conditions it will run a 5 gallon can dry in about 2 minuets ..3 years and I have had no problems

1717980574745.png
Bear

Here's another one that really works for me great ...
I have a gas generator (run twice monthly for an hour) for the whole house in a shed out back of the house ..I'm rural and where we live in winter more often Ice than snow or rain taking down the power lines
Also we live near the New Madrid Fault ..the one where the Mississippi River flowed backwards for three days the last time it got ugly ...
I use 5 gallon plastic gas cans just like the picture to store the fuel ..and lots of it which I rotate every other year 1/2 of my fuel inventory (leaded gas only and Staybil is the only way to get 2 years) and when I run the hourly gen run I top off with this handy pump to keep air out of the gen fuel tank ..
Come summer as I rotate 1/2 my supply of fuel I just back the buggy up to the fuel storage and fill my vehicles, mowers and such with this dandy pump
Also at the farm where I also use portable cans I use this pump to put diesel in my tractor whose fill spout is head high and very difficult to manage with rebuilt shoulder so I use this pump there also ...
A set of 4 AAA batteries will pump around 40/50 gallons before it starts to slow but in normal battery conditions it will run a 5 gallon can dry in about 2 minuets ..3 years and I have had no problems

View attachment 65244
Bear
What brand is it? Or am I blind and over looking that info?

Turkey Creek I will go out to the Gen shed in the morning and look for sure at the brand/model number I have but it appears the mfg is labeling it for several different folks as I look on Amazon ..but I think it is this one

I have one of those fuel transfer pumps too- i use it for diesel. Works great! Mine is from Menards and fits on those big fuel bottles.

Turkey Creek this is the one I bought 3 years ago and it was the only one like it at that time ...

However there are now showing look alike version for less money than this "TERA PUMP" brand ...I should say appear to be built on the same principle but they have few reviews so I cannot advise you if the lesser priced items are a viable option

Know this ...pay attention to discharge hose length as they do offer different lengths ..or did when I bought

Bear

Turkey Creek this is the one I bought 3 years ago and it was the only one like it at that time ...

However there are now showing look alike version for less money than this "TERA PUMP" brand ...I should say appear to be built on the same principle but they have few reviews so I cannot advise you if the lesser priced items are a viable option

Know this ...pay attention to discharge hose length as they do offer different lengths ..or did when I bought

Bear
That's a handy item for those of us with old backs, bad shoulders, etc. Be good for ladies, too, if a need to add gas from spare supply arose. Thanks for posting!

Not lately, but a year or two ago I bought an electric pole saw. Greenworks is the brand. I already had a Stihl gas pole saw but that sucker got heavy after awhile. I took the opportunity after my son borrowed it to just get another. I was so impressed with how it performed that I bought an electric chain saw also. You’re not gonna buck up a cord of firewood with it, but it does punch above its weight. I use both of them quite a bit and the batteries interchange. Lithium ion batteries of course and they charge pretty quickly.

Not lately, but a year or two ago I bought an electric pole saw. Greenworks is the brand. I already had a Stihl gas pole saw but that sucker got heavy after awhile. I took the opportunity after my son borrowed it to just get another. I was so impressed with how it performed that I bought an electric chain saw also. You’re not gonna buck up a cord of firewood with it, but it does punch above its weight. I use both of them quite a bit and the batteries interchange. Lithium ion batteries of course and they charge pretty quickly.
Pole saws are a great shoulder workout. Toughens up the skull too.