My first enclosed elevated blind.

What are y’all using for tint? I made mistake of buying clear. I’m gonna add some one way film and see if it helps b

When I build my box blinds, I'm probably going to use than new adhesive sun-shade mesh they are putting on car windows. They can be printed with promotions and presumably camouflage.

Omicron where did you get you're windows?Also when ordering windows watch the shipping.One of those other 2 companies,don't remember which one but it almost doubled the price

Omicron where did you get you're windows?Also when ordering windows watch the shipping.One of those other 2 companies,don't remember which one but it almost doubled the price
I think it was from the website listed above for the big one. Can’t find in my records. The smaller one was off Amazon.

Banks Outdoors STFW Outdoors... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5F3G4S2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

When I build my box blinds, I'm probably going to use than new adhesive sun-shade mesh they are putting on car windows. They can be printed with promotions and presumably camouflage.
I bought some of this off Amazon and will try when season over.

Anyone know where you can buy windows like the ones in this video review of Titan blinds? He calls them friction hinge windows. Go to the 3:04 mark.

I am thinking about the vertical sliders?
due to the height of the wall, and the narrow studs?

Last edited:
Anyone know where you can buy windows like the ones in this video review of Titan blinds? He calls them friction hinge windows. Go to the 3:04 mark.

Those look like they would eventually fail.

I kinda wondered that also. Plus they probably only have a chance of working because the windows are plastic rather than glass.

That's it! I will order a roll of that straight away. Seems like a good price for a 5x4 foot sheet.
Mine came in. Season ends next weekend so tell me the tips of doing it right if you get to it before me!

Mine came in. Season ends next weekend so tell me the tips of doing it right if you get to it before me!

Sure thing. I'm eager to see how it goes on. I know there are variants that they print, so I wonder if there is a layer to peel off so you can spray paint camo onto the mesh. If this is a type that can't be painted, then I will just radiate some black stripes out from the window to blend it into the camo of the blind. Regardless, I think it will make it nearly impossible for a deer to see into the blind.

Btw, there seems to be a tape for the edges that should give the product a bit longer life. I will definitely be doing that, as I don't want to be redoing the window mesh more often than necessary.

Sure thing. I'm eager to see how it goes on. I know there are variants that they print, so I wonder if there is a layer to peel off so you can spray paint camo onto the mesh. If this is a type that can't be painted, then I will just radiate some black stripes out from the window to blend it into the camo of the blind. Regardless, I think it will make it nearly impossible for a deer to see into the blind.

Btw, there seems to be a tape for the edges that should give the product a bit longer life. I will definitely be doing that, as I don't want to be redoing the window mesh more often than necessary.
Are you going to put on inside or the outside?

If it can be put on the inside it seems that it would last a lot longer.

Are you going to put on inside or the outside?

If it can be put on the inside it seems that it would last a lot longer.

I'm probably going to try it on the outside first. I know it won't last forever, but it's a new product, so I want to try different applications to see what's ideal for me. Or maybe a bit of both for comparison?

If you haven’t bought windows yet I’d highly recommend getting the grey or tinted windows from the start. All of this add-on stuff sounds like a pain in the ass. With a dark blind interior and the windows closed you can’t see in them.

All of this add-on stuff sounds like a pain in the ass.

You're not wrong. I took all the work with deer hunting to be hassle until I learned to enjoy it. Now I appreciate every step of the journey. There is so much effort that goes into shooting a mature buck/stag, and the actual killing shot is but a moment. If I didn't learn to enjoy the process, I would probably just quit the whole scene. Fortunately, the planning and preparation are a big part of the joy for me now. This makes every hunt a good time for me, regardless of the success of lack thereof.

You're not wrong. I took all the work with deer hunting to be hassle until I learned to enjoy it. Now I appreciate every step of the journey. There is so much effort that goes into shooting a mature buck/stag, and the actual killing shot is but a moment. If I didn't learn to enjoy the process, I would probably just quit the whole scene. Fortunately, the planning and preparation are a big part of the joy for me now. This makes every hunt a good time for me, regardless of the success of lack thereof.
This

I was just talking about windows…I enjoy the process as well. Building blinds is fun but I also like to work smarter not harder. ;)