My farm - Where the name "Big Rock" came from.

I'll get to the big rock pictures, I promise :)

Here is one of my favorites. I snapped it with my phone on my way out of a stand in the fall of 2015:

2015 - Beaver Pond 2.jpg

Here's another random image from my farm, in 2006 I got this for my mother for her birthday:

2015 - Misc 82.jpg

It sits at the base of the hill my orchard is planted on. That is a picture of my mother and Jake laser etched onto a piece of stone then inserted into the bigger stone from my farm.

Here are a couple of the "pebbles" we found when we put the driveway in a few years ago:

2015 - Misc 84.jpg

Fortunately we haven't found one bigger than the equipment could move so far!

They used to be where we put in the 1/4 mile long driveway:

2015 - Misc 83.jpg

Here are some from clearing the site for the shed we built in late 2016:

2015 - Misc 177.jpg

I made this trellis for cucumbers using t-posts and hog panels. Works great. You can walk underneath and harvest most of them:

2015 Garden 2.jpg

I made this trellis for cucumbers using t-posts and hog panels. Works great. You can walk underneath and harvest most of them:

View attachment 12429

I like your garden. Been considering putting fabric down? What do you use? Do you plant things like onions and green beans, etc. through it, or just plants? Love a nice garden!

I like your garden. Been considering putting fabric down? What do you use? Do you plant things like onions and green beans, etc. through it, or just plants? Love a nice garden!

I use the fabric we sell for the tree guys:
http://www.bigrocktrees.com/ground-covers.html

Anything that grows from a single stem (tomato, pepper, etc.) works great with the fabric. Things like radishes, carrots, etc. just doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

Using the fabric cuts down on water requirements a LOT and reduces weeding by 90%

I've been slacking on my garden duties that last year or three. It doesn't help we have a very large farmers market 1 mile down the road and they grow it all there. I can go get anything I want in about 5 minutes :)

I ran into a couple random pictures today and wanted them here for future reference (possible repeats from a long time ago).

Here's the elevated blind on running gear we built for Jake to use during youth season:

7081.jpeg

And here is a shot of it in the field:

Blind on field.jpg

We've had lots of fun in this blind over the past couple of seasons. We've laughed, been frustrated, and even shot a few deer.

I'm planning on trying the Redneck spray foam on it discussed here: http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/red-neck-spray-insulation.6985/

I bought the nozzles on eBay, just need it to warm up enough!

-John

I ran into this tonight - it's quite the plug planter. The sad fact is, it's one of the few tree planters that would work well in my rocky ground!

The 1240 corn planter is ready for action. Hope to plant corn in the next couple of days!
b0489e5901e7be1d69014fe571c2c12d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What do you do when you are playing hurt and can't drive the tractor?

Give your friends a little motivation of course:

84e372d59ff1747fd47a32d7995da225.jpg

Rock picking is a dirty job:

I hope he got one when he finished.

He isn't finished yet!

Rock picking is a dirty job:

Is that machine picking rocks and separating soil?

The 4020 sure purrs like a kitten. The disc is from the same vintage as the tractor. Kind of back to the future:

CwpF1F_8Nu5y7dBU0xTeVTPqurM5mBSntdLAN4Il1RAKTfL6jNHyOvzrX3SKz_tMZkEXt4Am88mhfFXbnI3j_jpJAm4ammm60oPpVKUcj4AejbQvEeps36_xnqXQmisR8E-hpkRg9mA_Oc5-RFsMVUmjS_3zdOuGFEGp3YrNL47xsKZ9y-hMljk0GxQwvI8FHaww8Ct6et8Ff5-jetf6utAxiK5As8fqK1iI4-RfE12dqxewhrlOv5_iQH_U7xb8-tOkKvT6WXd7hS9bPnaWPAV3KhGDmMegKGKC-f64VcN0dbDL7IxRGHQRRcCQLpdWUmz9n3QZhUKUSgu5AK5vMTuNZ77p9p8Cd2QPTMSElA5bgfQ6RA7mcogz-E7zle5S7M6w38pFFgeMer8Pz2baOtKounESydHONIPFglLvf-sNIBzTDwnseCR-pcem7oKKrfFzH-LTXtBC-hrT9l9tm10GNSFRrEEsXq2_0lCiWMbUHu69LpKd6oZs3nIDfVzR03yDrwULJ-iTF7_FHoGV9-_b8MYMwkW-pgLf_F1mja7hXQ9DEm5ayVNpjAjNLVVJri95qRbtWAQo64t4Hakw5v_lQe_miAMJTSUajnIWvcHg1PsN8Q=w1760-h990-no
John, that brings back a lot of memories from my childhood. I cross plowed a whole lot of cotton with a 4020.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I finally got my redneck foamer working. I was having trouble getting the fitting to seal on the gas can. I didn't want to epoxy it, because it might need to be taken apart in the future. So I gooped it up good with silicone and ran (4) short self tapping screws through the neck of the tank into the PVC fitting. Worked like a champ. Here it is on my 1st test run:

The foamer made it a million times easier to spray the field. It seems none of our fields are square and it's rare the rows are where you expect them to be. It always makes perfect sense when planting, but never when you are spraying:

30.jpg

Last edited:
And the foam lasts a long time. This area was probably 15 minutes old:

40.jpg

Last edited:
You've been busy.
Can't see the hair pic. Mine went through that phase at about 12. Still kinda long but not Marilyn Manson like.

I finally found an easier way to post pictures. My android automatically uploads my pictures to google, so all I have to do is look through my gallery and post whatever looks interesting. A heck of a lot easier than uploading individual files. The only thing I don't like about it is if google changes something and breaks my links I'll be ticked. When I upload a file it's on the server forever.

Jake is 11, I sure hope he out grows this phase!

Hopefully I'm the only one, but I can't see any of these recent pictures you uploaded :( Edit: I can still see the older pictures posted.