Moultrie M-880 Problem & Solution

It was the seller that uses Amazon to sell through...

Okie, that is a bunch of BS! I would be mad as hell!

According to usps, my 990 was delivered/arrived at Moultrie this past Saturday. No word from them yet.

They sent us a return label and we shipped it back. We are awaiting a refund. They told us to send it complete but some of the stuff was missing when we got it. Hope we have no issues for a refund. I did load batteries into it and noticed whoever owned it before named it "CATHEAD2CAM"...

I got mine over to UPS today. I'm a tad bit concerned with what Browndog is saying. It was kind of weird. They told me to fill out the return form, and print it before submitting and then include it in the package. I also sent a copy of my receipt. I asked if I would get some kind of case or ID number, and they said, "no, just send it in with that stuff."

We'll see I guess. $14 to UPS ground it back to them. Hoping this works out...

I figured they would give me a RMA # or something after I submitted the online form. The lady did mention printing out the submitted form but didn't mention printing it before I hit submit. So I wrote out all the details and sent it along with the cam and original receipt. I will be calling today to see what is going on. A little more communication on their end would be nice. The least they could do is send an email saying they received the cam or send a case/rma # to check status of the camera. Not impressed so far with them.

Well, I called Moultrie. They are doing something with a warehouse and are behind. The lady I talked to says they have record of me sending the camera in on September 3(when I filled out and submitted their online return form) but doesn't have any record of receiving the camera. She had no other info on the status/whereabouts of my camera and told me to call back next Wednesday or Thursday. Sounds like things are in disarray with this warehouse move and shipments are being delayed for 7-10 days.

Glad I just sent my. Sheesh.

I still have the tracking #. I dealt with Moultrie earlier this year when a pin fell out of the latch on the door, no clue of how it happened but I did notice that the other pin was real ill fitting on the other latch. They didn't want to send me a pin but wanted me to buy a whole new door. I went round and round with them and they finally sent me a door free of charge, actually sent me 17 of themo_O They called and emailed me telling me that they were going to send me a new door with the pins. Fast forward to last week, when I talked to the lady, I gave her my name, address, email address and I wasn't even in their computer system:confused: She checked and checked again and said nope I don't have you in our system. I said how can that be, Moultrie sent me a box earlier this year and Tina Gunn from Moultrie called and emailed me earlier this year. She checked the system again and said I wasn't in there......

I called Moultrie yesterday and I'm supposed be getting a new 2014 990i. I asked when I would be getting it and the lady wasn't sure when it would be shipped.

They must be all sorts of backed up. I called yesterday. They received my cam on 9/16, said they haven't been able to get to it yet. Earliest would be Friday. So, it's there. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with. Thank goodness I've got another cam.

I received a brand new 2014 M990i today from Moultrie. I guess you have to call and stay on them to get anywhere or have any communication with them.

One of my M80's started going south a month ago, finally opened it up the other day to find a leaked board mounted internal battery. Posted up a picture of the damage on Moultrie's facebook page and they promptly reported they didn't have any of those parts and if I opened it I was voiding my warranty. I responded that $45/yr was too little return on my investment and that I'm done with them.

Sure came close to getting another one yesterday - glad I didn't now!

My stealth cam destroys the m80's for image quality, but the sucker eats C cells like it's a freaking contest.

My dad was a radar repairman in the Navy, so I learned soldering and IC's from an early age. If it wasn't for my nerve damage, I'd probably already have the battery out but I'm going to hand it off to a buddy to do the surgery as I don't think I can be steady enough to get those tabs without botching the board in the process. If he can't get it - no worries. It's already dead to me now.